Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

attaching photos

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 · (Edited)
attaching photos directly has not been working for over a week - function is working perfectly in all the other forums I participate in - problems only exist on RFC !!!

screen states files are uploading , but they never do till link times out - !

#6 ·
was not doing anything wrong at all - posted successfully only by making multiple attempts in the managing attachment section of reply - never had to do that before , upload worked normally last week - - never had a failure to upload on any other forum I participate in - definitely another RFC problem that's needs attention -

#7 ·
Dimensions and type of the files you were trying to upload?

Has this happened again? If it was just for a limited time, there might have been something going on server side that was preventing you, or something going on with your browser/internet provider.

Kevin

#9 · (Edited)
WHEN ???

STILL - file attachments not loading with out numerous attempts - sign on becoming very erratic - back ground colorr does not change sometimes after sign on is successful - site becoming very slow - time stamps are total disaster - these problems exist only on RFC - all other forums working perfectly for these functions !

#10 ·
No need to start a second thread about this. Better to keep everything in one place. Merged with your original.

I still can't recreate. Please give me the dimensions and file type of an image you tried and I'll test. I'm not saying it's on your end, but I want a exact recreation for my tests to be sure

Kevin

#13 ·
Still can't recreate, so the file size doesn't seem to be a factor.

So far, this only seems to be reported by yourself, so I'd like to know what kind of browser and device you are using.

I'd also still like to know the file type. Is it a JPG, JPEG, or PNG?

Kevin

#15 ·
I'm not finding any reasons for your troubles yet. You haven't hit the limit, your permissions are correct, and the file types/size doesn't seem to be a factor. You mention others having issues, but I don't see anyone doing so yet.

Would you be ok with my trying to recreate with your account? If so, let me know and I'll reach out to you by email to work out the steps

Kevin

#19 · (Edited)
Attachments l just solved my problem, with my browser l use chrome l click save the password and it automatically sings me in when l visit this site, there are times it could be slow but it always seems to work.

For pictures make your post then click on the paper clip (attachments) choose a file, a window will open from your computer with pictures click on the picture you want then click select then click upload then when done click down arrow to the right of the paper clip that will put the picture in your post.
Click preview post you should see your post along with the picture, then click Submit.

Hope this helped.

#17 ·
May be something particular to NJ schutzen. I've got a new neighbor from up there and all he does is complain about the place. I've had none of the problems you are experiencing and, due to some posts on this thread, I found out that I can upload pictures directly from my computer instead of going through a host, which I had been doing.

#18 · (Edited)
Had to try this here l always had trouble with pictures on this site, never had a picture on other sites, just click on the picture and select and post, will see if l can do it that way on this site.

Handwriting Rectangle Post-it note Font Tints and shades

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Boat

Air gun Gas Font Tool Gun accessory

Now l see l had to click on the arrow next to the paper clip to complete the task.

lt work just fine saves me time this way don't have to use imgur :bthumb:

l will be doing it this way as long as its working.

ln my part of NJ it's working fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.