Remple Bipod Information - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-29-2021, 06:30 PM
Rick H.
National Guard Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Remple Bipod Information

Are Rempel Bi-Pod rests still being made? If so, does anyone have contact information for them? Does anyone have one that can answer a question for me regarding use of the Bi-Pod? Thanks in advance...

Rick H.

Last edited by Rick H.; 08-30-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:14 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Henry Rempel (note the spelling) makes the bipod. If you google Henry Rempel gunsmith, some information comes up with his Calgary address. There's a phone number too.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:49 PM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A lot of us use them at all our rimfire, longrange and ELR matches. What you wanting to know about them?

Topstrap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2021, 09:34 AM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have read a lot about different bi-pods and the Rempel comes up a lot as a really sought after item. Unfortunately, few in my area use bi-pods and I have never had the opportunity of seeing a Rempel in person. They certainly appear robust and well made, but what exactly does the "mariner" wheel do underneath the bi-pod? Is it to adjust the span of the legs or to set elevation on the target? If it is used for target elevation is it sensitive enough to go row by row on a USBR or ARA target at 50 yards? Thanks for any information on this bi-pod.

Rick H.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:49 PM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
It is for height adjustment, it's very sensitive and holds position well even if the two locking wingnuts aren't tightened. I can't say how it would work for benchrest shooting due to the lateral movement between targets.

I use it on all of my longrange rimfire guns including my ELR 22 rimfire pistol. It made it very easy to slightly move my dot around on a golfball at 200 yards.

We also use them on our 1000 yard steel plate guns and the 338 lapua for 1+ mile shooting. My Buddy Randy Wise uses them exclusively on his longrange rifles and pistols including the 338 lapua he set an ELR World Record with in 2019.

They are a bit heavier than a Phoenix which is similiar but weighs less. If weight is a factor the Phoenix may be better but if not I'd get the Rempel. It does use his proprietary mounts but he does make adapters for nearly all applications.

Serious benchrest shooters prefer vertical and horizontal movement but for our type of shooting moving the bipod for the various targets isn't a big deal. The Phoenix has pivoting ski feet and the Rempel doesn't. I made a curved foot which works better for me and I set it on a piece of thin soft rubber to kinda lock it in place and not skid around. Very well made with a wide stable platform that is a HUGE improvement over a Harris style bipod.

Hope this helps some.

Topstrap

Last edited by Topstrap44; 08-30-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:11 PM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks Topstrap. Your explanation helps a lot. The Rempel sounds like it wouldn't be a good choice for short range work such as 50 yards. I appreciate you giving me a rundown on the bi-pod though.

Rick H.