Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

April Fun Shoots

9K views 158 replies 12 participants last post by  Norwegianrimfire 
#1 · (Edited)
Here we go for April :)

OY! What a month March was!

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*
__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/users/01/5_halfdollars.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 3 shots at each bull (all 5 of them)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 150
Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/users/01/5_quarters.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 3 shots at each bull, (all 5 of them)

Shots completely in the bull and not touching a perimeter line score 10 points
Shots touching a perimeter line score 5 points
Shots in any other part of the target score 0 points
Max score 150
Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/users/01/12_dimes.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 12 of them)
A clean hit will score 10 points.
Shots touching an edge score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10116.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 9 shots at each (2") square (all 1 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 90 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_097.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull (all 6 of them) all in the black

Shots outside the black score 5 points, nicks count 5

Max score 180 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_097.pdf

Class III Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull (all 6 of them) in the black center

Shots outside score 0 points, nicks count 5

Max score 180 points

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

See less See more
#29 ·
Got to feeling a little cocky after shooting those quarters so decided to give the C3 target a try with my sporter.

RFC Alias, lasttombstone, First name Lee
Score w/ bonus 120/120,Class C2,
Scope Weaver 6x24, Iron sights,________
Rifle make CZ 452, Ammo, SK STD +
Weather conditions 70, clear, 4mph
Excuses_

Grey Gadget Font Circle Technology

#33 ·
Back to shooting and having fun

I just returned from being in Florida on March 14th and found us in the Corona virus situation. Some of you have been doing some really good shooting while I was away. Some of you can shoot dimes better than I can shoot quarters. Again thanks to Cow 54 for putting up some nice targets to shoot at. Our local indoor range is closed, but my outdoor range is open so on Saturday April 4th I went out to shoot. Promised my wife of 60 years I would not get within 6 feet of anyone and that worked out perfectly as I was mostly alone and the weather was decent for Minnesota. Because I am 82 years old I am being ultra cautious out there and I hope you guys do the same even if you are a lot younger. I shot some Norma TAC 22 I bought a few years ago for $3.00 a box including shipping and handling. Thanks to somewhere on this forum I found out about this ammo dealer going out of business. Also someone by the name of Jaia who has a place somewhere on this forum called 50 at 200 I found out about Fiocchi Exacta Winter which shot as good as the Norma. Jaia tests his theory that if something shoots great at 100 yards it will do a lot better at 50 or 25 yards. Give that forum place a look once.
I really owe a big thanks to everyone on the forum who know a lot more about rimfire shooting than I do. This 25 yard shooting with my Savage and my low budget equipment keep me happy. The front rest is homemade and the sand bags my wife made out of denim pants legs. Frugal??

Alias: Greyknife - Ralph
Score 150 Class C2
Scope 6X24 set at 12X
Rifle Savage Mark II
Weather Calm 45 degrees
25 yards
No excuses- Just having fun

#38 · (Edited)
Good job, Øystein!

Smuggle that rifle over here and let me buy it! ;)

Everybody is going for the coins, I might as well too..

RFC name: COW 54 First name: Stan
Score: 120/120 Class: C-3
Rifle: **AIRGUN** Daisy/Avanti 853 (Yipes Stripes), Ammo: H&N Sport (.177)
Sights: Daisy iron sights
Weather: 45 deg, sunny, inside shooting at 10 yards
Excuses: No excuses! It's the best I can do under the circumstances.

#40 · (Edited)
RFC Alias, Shorty123, First name Jack
Score 150/150,Class I Scope
Scope, Mueller 2-7@7
Rifle make, Rem. 581, Ammo, CCI SV
Weather conditions 60 and Sunny and Breezy

RFC Alias, Shorty123, First name Jack
Score 150/150,Class II Scope
Scope, Mueller 2-7@7
Rifle make, Rem. 581, Ammo, CCI SV
Weather conditions 60 and Sunny and Breezy

Very nice target Stan while sequestered.:bthumb: And Thanks!

Attachments

#42 ·
Hey Chilly....... I've been in the same boat. Cut on the grass this morning for a couple of hours then hit the woodpile for the afternoon. Finaly got what I had here at the house busted and stacked and could not stand up straight. It'll be worth it come wintertime though. I was thinking about shoot a bit after working but I knew better than to waste good ammo so I went fishing.

Everyone is posting smokin' targets. Great shooting all.

#44 · (Edited)
I dusted off the old "Coast to Coast" rifle today.

RFC Alias,Midwest Swiss, First name Bret Neuenschwander
Score w/ bonus 75 pts & 150 pts , class 1
open sights and scope class
Scope BSA air rifle 2-7X32 MM AO, Iron sights yes
Rifle make,"Coast to Coast CC440 (Marlin) Ammo,open sight Fed Auto match, Scope class Win. 333 hp
Weather conditions not bad cloudy wind switchy twitchy @ 3-15 mph
Excuses ya I am never shooting iron sights again...;) shot pretty good with a
scope the old Win. 333 hp was the ammo for this rifle but had about 10 duds
The rifle is tricky too shoot being so light and a crappy trigger

#45 · (Edited)
Score w/ bonus180,Class 2,
Iron sights,Russian OEM
Rifle make,Biathlon Basic 7-2, Ammo,Geco Semi-Auto
Weather conditions not to bad cloudy wind wasn't too bad but was switchy & twitchy
3-15 mph 55*temp
Excuses I am green with peep sights, this is the last time this rifle will shoot in class
2 & will be in class 3 , she is being being overhauled with a new trigger part up-grade & a new stock.
This was a a test run on the new trigger part.

#48 ·
Score w/ bonus175,Class 2,
Scope______________, Iron sights,Russian OEM
Rifle make,Biathlon Basic 7-2, Ammo,Geco Semi-Auto
Weather conditions not to bad cloudy wind wasn't too bad but was switchy & twitchy
3-15 mph 55*temp
Excuses I am green with peep sights, this is the last time this rifle will shoot in class
2 & will be in class 3 , she is being being overhauled with a new trigger parts & a new stock.
This was a a test run on the new trigger part.

Bret, if you're shooting class 2, that is when the ENTIRE bull counts. Your score should be 180/180. :bthumb:

175 if you're shooting class 3.

#46 ·
The range is HOT!

New targets from Jack and Bret, nicely done... :t :t

#47 ·
Ya was a fun range day

Score w/ bonus150 ,Class 2,
Scope BSA 4-16X40MM AO,
Rifle make TOZ 78-01, Ammo, Vostok Target USSR
3-15 mph 55*temp
Excuses no

The ammo.

#53 ·
Air Pistols OK?

Hello all, hope it's ok to join the fun since my local range has shut down til further notice. I have a 10 meter range set up out the back window of my shed. I am more of a pistol shooter than rifle at the present time. Guess my Crosman 1720T PCP with BugBuster 3-9 scope falls into Class 3 scoped.

RFC Alias: Gwelo, First name: Nick
Score w/ bonus: 120/120 , Class: C3 Scoped
Scope: UTG BugBuster 3-9 @ 9x
Rifle make: Crosman 1720T PCP Air Pistol, Ammo: Air Arms 10.3g
Weather conditions: Sunny 73 degrees, wind at 14mph
Excuses: Not yet!
Shot at 10 meters

Attachments

#55 ·
Thanks for the welcome Oystein, glad to be here!

The 1720T shoots really well for an inexpensive PCP, shooting the 10.3 grain pellets at approx 615 fps and getting about 40 good shots on a fill. Very accurate out to 25 yds if little wind :eek:.

I see that you don't seem to be having any trouble keeping that CZ inside the lines either ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.