Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1897 Cowboy .22LR 24" bbl. Value ?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  M2HB 
#1 ·
Was in local shop and a lever action caught my eye . It was in ore owned area and obscured by some shotguns

Salesman let me handle it and that was a mistake, it's beautiful and shoulders naturally. I had no idea of price and the tag had a bit of the guns history. Made between 1999-2001 has 24" bbl , JM marked & estate piece "unfired "

Saw price on very bottom, small print $1800 !! Wow !
It's really nice and I'd have dropped $800 on it right there but $1800.?

What do you folks in the know say. ... run back or take a pass .

It's haunting me because I'll probably not see another . I'd buy it to use not to display

#10 ·
The bottom line on it is $1750 - shop claims it's on consignment and the owner is firm on price --
shop is in an affluent area but those folks tend to be more " high speed , low drag " tactical types. I'll let it sit a while , if it sells so be it - I'd go -$ 1100 - 1200 it is new with box etc . But anymore would be absurd

#11 ·
Most shops will deal after something has been sitting several weeks but sometimes owners of consignment guns are just testing the waters to see if they can get a stupid price.
Go back in a couple of weeks and offer $1200, or whatever your top price is.
Or maybe offer $100 less so you have room for the seller to counter.
You’ll find out if the seller is serious or just trolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.