Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

TX22 sights worthless

49K views 41 replies 30 participants last post by  dblshock 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Recently acquired a TX22 and quite happy about almost everything. Able to function with any ammo I've tried so far. Ergonomics have great feel and comfort even for girlfriend with small hands. 16 Rds a plus.

After all the good things Taurus built into this gun.

In my opinion, the sights leave something to be desired.

Don't understand after building a completely new pistol why the sights are an afterthought. Need jewelers screwdriver to adjust. So much pretravel and backlash is movement. Elevation is a total joke, would not hold elevation after adjustment and firing one round. I have a 50 year old Daisy air pistol with better sights. Taurus really missed the target with this (pun intended).

Seems to be a great gun but having to spend another $80 or so for decent sights makes it not such a bargain.

#38 · (Edited)
just picked up my TX22 standard, rear sight was mounted astray so tried to remove the center screw and whoa, it's set hard. 1/8" HQ screwdriver bit and acetone required but once off can easily be remounted centric (mechanical center).. haven't been to range but now whacking steel at 75ft. 100%. I'm going to work with the OEM sights cause all these little issues can be overcome with locktite and common sense...but, If anyone has a link to direct replacement tritium front and quality black rear or even a 'Ghost Ring' rear I'd consider as an alternate....don't care for the 'fiber' type high pointy fronts cause obviously will snag up on fabrics.

Shame on the Taurus QC guy who missed this dumpster fire.
Joint Human body Gesture Finger Gadget
Gadget Finger Bumper Wrist Thumb
Finger Bumper Gas Engineering Auto part

#39 ·
Once the mount is lose centering the sight base and centering the bead groove is easy, here just done by eye alone....

looking ahead, front plastic bead seems intentionally tall so a couple file strokes would bring POI up need be...

lot of sight to work with here, both front and back.

I'm past red dot optics, I know they're popular but hard to beat good irons on a pistol or even a carbine in my book. Wish I could take this TX thru the ammos and also determine that this sight stays put but that day is 2 seasons away here in WI. meanwhile I have a mechical center that's hitting 4" steel at 75' so til then the new TX will offer some merit albeit not yet full merit.

Finger Gadget Thumb Wrist Nail
Finger Plastic bag Thumb Audio equipment Communication Device
Finger Thumb Nail Wrist Gas

#41 ·
since the rear was 'centered' the pistol has excellent pratical accuracy..not that the factory set was off..it was so awkwardly malined it simply had to be corrected, I did't even check the POI.. that bad...now back to the rear sight.
What I see myself doing as I break-in this TX slide is manhandling the rear sight with thumbs and palms as I manipulate the slide...not good, the plastic design is too flimsy for gorilla's in a hurry, with enough force and that plastic, course it could move... so the sight system seems really accurate but caution required if your mount is fragile..look to firm it up, mine is centered and low, hoping it stays that way.

#42 ·
Added a Night Fusion tritium frt sight..fit was good although needed 3min of stone work to shorten the post so to get torqued on slide..these sights are on the Taurus TX22 factory site but in stock (on sale too) direct from mfg. I recieved it in a couple days just across lake from here. I'll post pics, the closet pic was dark but my iphone illuminated it without a flash...

Trigger Air gun Bumper Gun barrel Netbook
Automotive lighting Gesture Finger Nail Gadget
Grey Personal protective equipment Art Flooring Automotive tire
Wood Gas Tints and shades Composite material Rectangle
Trigger Air gun Bumper Gun barrel Netbook
Automotive lighting Gesture Finger Nail Gadget
Grey Personal protective equipment Art Flooring Automotive tire
THE WORLD´S #1 SOURCE FOR Night Sights | Precision Tritium Night Sights