Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

rossi rs.22 rimfire.

23K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  DaveInDenver 
#1 ·
i'm thinking of acquiring a rossi .22rf semi-auto as a backyard gun for the garden, etc.

what's y'alls thoughts on it so far? does it work pretty good, and what about it's accuracy. the price seems ok.

#36 · (Edited)
Just cheap bulk ammo, she is a new shooter and likes to plink. I give her the Fed automatch and Winchester white box just to get rid of it. I don't see any gouges. Sometimes it does extract, but doesn't eject and I have to hold the bolt open and dump the cartridge out. That makes me think the spring may be a little weak.

My 7022 wouldn't chamber the WWB, I guess I need to polish the feed ramp on it.

#38 · (Edited)
lol I had a brain fart for a second there. I was thinking that I could try that, but I don't think I have ever had a CCI SV not fire. Then I realized I didn't have to pull the trigger lol. I am fairly positive that it is an extractor issue, spent shells always eject and the dud cartridges that don't extract are easy to remove. They don't seem to be stuck.

It is also due for a good cleaning, we have put close to 500 rounds through it. I will inspect everything then.

#42 ·
Removed the stock sights and mounted an older Simmons scope and cheek riser on the RS22 -

Friend gave me the Simmons scope (4-10x, 40mm, IIRC). Interesting little scope. It has a rectangular viewing area, adjustable objective, and is made in Japan.

I've been very pleased with the rifle so far, but need to see how it does at longer distances this spring.

#43 · (Edited)
Ijust bought a Rossi RS22 yesterday. I really like it so far It is lightweight .short great fiber optic sights that are easy to adjust. Mine came out of the box shooting good without any adjustments. No FTF or FTE or cycle .shot several types of cheap ammo all seemed to do fine. You can't beat it for the price. Someone said that mossberg 702 25 rd clip will fit it perfect. I think anybody looking to buy one will be impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.