Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rossi bolt action 22 RB

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveInDenver 
#1 ·
Do any of you have any experience with this rifle?

#2 ·
I've had one for a few months now. I really like it. It has become my go to Squirrel/woods gun and has earned a lot of respect from my companions. It is what it is, a cheap synthetic stocked price point gun. with that said, it is a dead on shooter. I can tell you that so far, everything I have tried to interchange with it's Mossberg cousin has worked. The mags from my Plinkster work just fine, given that they are for a semi, and have a high follower which is a problem on the last round. The trigger groups are the same, the barrels attach the same and have the same dimensions. The stock is rigid and has a nice check weld with a comfortable grip. I paired mine with a Cabela's 3-9x40 rimfire scope, I mounted on some dovetail rings, gave it a cheap Allen sling and that was it. I have, what I consider to be, the best woods/ walking around/ loan a hunting companion/ beater/ truck rifle that you can get for a total investment of less than $260.00

#5 · (Edited)
To clarify, the TGs on the RB22 and Mossberg 802 are the same, but very different from the RS22/Mossberg 702.

The RB22/802 triggers are very easy to work on, but AFAIK there is no aftermarket support for them, such as a lighter spring.

Mcarbo sells a 702 trigger spring that takes a pound off, and of course it also works on the RS22. I have an RS22, and had both an RB22 and a 702. I got about 15% smaller groups with the bolt gun vs the semiautos. They all share the same barrels out of the same Brazilian factory.

All of these guns really like CCI AR Tactical, BTW.

#6 · (Edited)
I've had my RB22 for 2 months. Like it! Have 300 rounds through it. Sweet light-weight KISS plinker. Like the fiber optic sight a lot but my mature eyeball can not focus on sight radius and a 3" target 75 feet away at the same time.

Pic is of a 3" target, 7x scope, bench, 25yrds, 10rnds of CCI/SV from a month ago which was the first day out with a new scope. Shot a 100rnds that day to zero and see what the RB22 could do. When the rifle did this group I just bagged it up and took it home with a smile knowing I had a keeper.

The rifle is not for sale ;)

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
I'm very happy with my black Rossi RB22 (with a Feyachi 2-7x32 scope mounted directly to the dovetail). This rimfire rifle is lightweight, durable (so far!), inexpensive and accurate. I've had no major problems to date.

Also, my rifle isn't a "finicky eater" or overly sensitive to the different types of ammunition I use. Although, I must admit I don't make it a habit of giving my weapons poor quality ammo, CLP, oil, etc.

The Rossi RB22 is extremely easy to breakdown and clean, unlike it's semiautomatic counterpart. Perform the safety check, making sure the weapon is unloaded and safe, release and remove the bolt, remove the two screws located on either side of the trigger guard and separate the plastic stock from the rest of the rifle.

Of all my weapons, I truly enjoy shooting my .22LR firearms the most.

These targets were posted at 25 yards indoors, using Aquila Super Extra 40gr. LRN...and most days at the gun ranges produce similar results. I'm in my mid 60s with compromised vision, so I'm extremely satisfied with these results.

There's something I forget to mention. The characteristics regarding the triggers of these two weapons are vastly different nor have these weapons been modified, whatsoever. My RS22s have a small, somewhat gritty amount of travel and a fairly crisp break. My RB22 has NO travel or grit...just a very firm wall and a very crisp break. I like it...a lot.

Don't concern yourself with gun snobs... enjoy your firearms.

P.S. Also, I agree with Tom_in_MO. My Rossi rifles work very well with CCI AR Tactical Rifle ammunition.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.