Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone own a Rossi RB 22 M?

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  WPWarhawk 
#1 ·
I was recently reading an article in the American Rifleman about the Rossi RB22M in 22 Mag. The article was favorable in its evaluation, but I'd like some real world testimony for or against this rifle. Anyone here own one?

#2 ·
I do not have the mag, just the RB22 in LR. I've had it for less than 3 months have 500+ rounds through it. LIKE IT! Glad it is clone of Mossberg 802 with a few updates from the Mossberg people themselves.

Only nit I have about the LR is the dovetail groves are not long on either side of the ejection port so there was lots of trial/error (mostly error.. but thank you Amazon free returns) in getting the right cantilever rings for the necessary eye relief on the scope I wanted.

#4 ·
I picked up one Wednesday mounted a cheap cabelas scope in some cheap rings, dialed in and shot two Thanksgiving Day squirrels. Both head shots, one at 80 yards and the other at 10 yards.

The tigger on mine has a bit of gritty creap but otherwise I feel the RB22M is a very good value.

Chris

#5 · (Edited)
The triggers on the RB rifles, all three calibers, are easy to work on. A little polishing makes a noticeable improvement. I have not found any aftermarket lighter spring for this gun. I have asked Mcarbo to consider making one, but to no avail. I am going to contact them again, since there are two Mossbergs and three Rossis that can use a lighter spring.

These are the same guns as the Mossberg 802 series, but with a better stock IMO on the Rossis. The RB also comes in 22WMR; the 802 is only 22LR and 17HMR.

My 22LR RB22 had reasonable accuracy. All of the Rossi and Mossberg 22s like CCI AR Tactical BTW. I have no experience with the other two calibers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.