Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New FDE TX22 - no visable chattering

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Jenkkimike 
#1 ·
I picked up my FDE TX22 yesterday for $251 before rebate. I think this is a Lipsey special. I haven't shot it yet but really like the look. (I already have a black one with mild chattering which hasn't been a problem) I don't see any chattering at all in this barrel. If there is any, it's so mild that I can't see it. Serial number is 1PT0477xx. It only holds 10 rounds but that's OK because I only load 10 to make the shooting session last longer. Looking forward to trying it out.

#3 ·
I picked one up yesterday - 1PT045xxx. It was a combo deal: buy a TX22, get a Rossi RS22 for free. There was no chattering and the chamber was concentric. Everything else looked good. The field stripping procedure is a little cumbersome, IMO.

BTW, the Rossi appears to be a great little carbine for someone who is ready to graduate from a bolt action to an autoloader.

Haven't shot either one of them yet. I will be heading to the range tomorrow morning.

#4 ·
Glad to know that Taurus is addressing the chattering. Mine has some as well, but it’s still a great shooter. I’ve put more than 2K rounds downrange and it’s a hoot to shoot.

Is the Lipsey special always 10 rounds?

#5 · (Edited)
I ordered one that's different from most, black frame with burnt bronze slide; 16 rounds.
Item Number: 1-TX22141-BB

Hope it has the good barrel, if not, I'll deal with it.

UPDATE:
My 1st Taurus, took a chance since most of the reviews were very positive. S/N 1PT054xxx
The photo is a lot darker than the real thing. If it's a Lipsey exclusive, it's not shown on their website.
Barrel looks normal. Trigger feels great. I think they have a winner.
It's light enough for concealed carry & not as big as it looks in the pictures & videos.
Jeff Quinn's comment is appropriate for this gun, too:
"when you start pokin holes in people they usually leave you alone"
With a 16 round magazine, you can poke a lot of holes.
We'll have to see how it shoots & what ammo it likes.

#6 ·
The TX22 had one failure to feed CCI Std Vel with a magazine mix of CCI MiniMags & Std Vel. Maybe put 50 rounds through it today. Even my Ruger MKII Govt. Model had 1 stovepipe with CCI Std Vel. It hadn't been fired in many years.

Next outing with the TX22 will be with a muzzle device. The muzzle flash with MiniMags was pronounced to the shooter.

#9 · (Edited)
Love my TX22, in OD.

@45man, where did you procure said muzzle device? Looks interesting.....
eBay. About $12. Got $5 back because guaranteed delivery didn't happen. Not yet delivered.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-Compac...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I have a Levang Linear compensator on a Savage Mk II & it's just about as good as a suppressor.
It is now available again...
https://www.levangco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=109

#10 ·
I inspected at TX-22 at my local Atwoods yesterday. Right alongside a Glock 44. The TX-22 barrel had no chattering (hooray!).

The Glock's magazine capacity (10 rounds) was disappointing. The Glock's trigger was really disappointing. The Glock was priced $50 more than the TX-22, and I can't see that the rollmark "Glock" is worth the money.:cool:

#13 ·
I bought a TX22 last week and took it to the range this past Sunday. I shot around 300 rounds of Federal Automatch through it with good results. I had a couple stovepipes which may have been due to how I loaded the magazines but otherwise everything was great. I'll have to shoot more through it to see if its a recurring issue but for a $250 plinker I am not overly concerned about a minor hiccup every 100 or so rounds. The sights are disappointing and I will be putting Lakeline sights on it tonight.

#15 ·
I wasn't able to complete the installation last night because I don't have a T8 Torx bit to remove the stock front sight. I'll pick up a set today and take another crack at it tonight.

If anybody here has installed the Lakeline sights already, how do you make sure that everything is aligned? The instructions say to use a laser bore sight to check the point of aim before tightening the rear sight down with loctite. What is the best way to do it without a laser bore sight? The instructions say not to fire the gun until 24 hours after the loctite cures. I've only ever installed sights that have adjustments after they are installed so I've never had to deal with this problem before. The Lakeline sights are night but they don't have adjustments so you really have to get it right before you snug everything down.

#17 ·
The installation of the Lakeline sights could have gone smoother but they are on. I am not confident that the rear sight set screw is going to hold it all together. The rear sight comes off pretty easily if I don't screw the set screw tight enough and it also pops out if I screw it too far. There is a sweet spot that holds it all together so it will be entirely up to the Loctite to hold the whole thing together once I have a chance to zero the sights and loctite it all down.

#18 ·
Attempted to zero the newly installed Lakeline sights and it couldn’t have gone much worse save someone getting hurt. The first shot resulted in the rear sight flying off the slide and disappearing forever into the snow and the front sight fiber optic plastic piece flying off as well. I put a new fiber optic piece up front and the original rear sights back on and was able to fire 4 more shots before the front fiber optic piece disintegrated. I went back to the stock front sight and stripped the threading on the T8 torx machine screw that holds it in place. I would have been better off taking $45 and burning it rather than go through this fiasco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.