CZ & Colt? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-12-2021, 06:27 PM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2003
Location: 
beautiful North Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 
13,435
TPC Rating: 
100% (100)
CZ & Colt?



Log in to see fewer ads
CZ is in "final negotiations" to buy Colt?

Last edited by JEE; 01-14-2021 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Sorry, Colt... title edit
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-12-2021, 06:59 PM
edrabara

Join Date: 
Oct 2015
Posts: 
125
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
CZ is in "final negotiations" to buy Colt?

Internet rumor or official news release? Kindly post the source please.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2021, 07:03 PM
Shakey18519

Join Date: 
Nov 2020
Posts: 
8
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/br...colt/#comments
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-12-2021, 07:26 PM
eflyguy

Join Date: 
Aug 2020
Location: 
USA
Posts: 
664
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What has this got to do with Ruger?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-12-2021, 07:54 PM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
4,887
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A news story about it from Hartford https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...y4e-story.html
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 PM
edrabara

Join Date: 
Oct 2015
Posts: 
125
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey18519 View Post

https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/artic...lt-kaufen.html

The original article at welt.de

Shakey, I hope you donít mind. Ed
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2021, 08:51 PM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2003
Location: 
beautiful North Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 
13,435
TPC Rating: 
100% (100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edrabara View Post
Internet rumor or official news release? Kindly post the source please.
Public findings in German newspaper Die Welt (The World).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:59 PM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
southern tip of Illinois
Posts: 
1,292
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
What has this got to do with Ruger?
RUGER ???????????????

John
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:12 PM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2003
Location: 
beautiful North Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 
13,435
TPC Rating: 
100% (100)
Learn to read, sir. I made a mistake in my original post and corrected it. See my original post, at the bottom, where it was corrected
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:46 PM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
4,887
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
What has this got to do with Ruger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
Learn to read, sir. I made a mistake in my original post and corrected it. See my original post, at the bottom, where it was corrected
Yes, it was corrected. Perhaps an allowance for not noticing the correction can be made for a relatively new member who asked what the thread has to do with Ruger.

In any case, while it's not possible to correct the title of the thread "CZ & Ruger" once it was posted, rather than editing with the correction, it could have easily been deleted and reposted with the correct title "CZ & Colt". By the time the error was noticed by the OP after four minutes, no one had yet responded to the thread and any confusion generated by the erroneous title would have been avoided.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-14-2021, 08:23 AM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2003
Location: 
beautiful North Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 
13,435
TPC Rating: 
100% (100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
Yes, it was corrected. Perhaps an allowance for not noticing the correction can be made for a relatively new member who asked what the thread has to do with Ruger.

In any case, while it's not possible to correct the title of the thread "CZ & Ruger" once it was posted, rather than editing with the correction, it could have easily been deleted and reposted with the correct title "CZ & Colt". By the time the error was noticed by the OP after four minutes, no one had yet responded to the thread and any confusion generated by the erroneous title would have been avoided.
Interesting. Fact of the matter is that after eighteen years and 13K posts on RFC, I did not know that it was possible to and still do not know how to delete a post.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2021, 08:59 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,015,771
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Only you and the Mods can OS. Scroll down in reply.

edit to add, ETA~ You and a Mod can also close your own thread w/o deleting it OS.

ETA- I just noticed you have no RFC badge OS hence I dunno if this info is just a paying member's privilege or not.
__________________
The better you are, the more lucky you will be.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 01-14-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2021, 10:34 AM
FALPhil's Avatar
FALPhil is online now
US Navy Veteran

Join Date: 
Mar 2008
Posts: 
1,149
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This is a great thing. Colt's leadership has acted like they graduated from the Billy Carter School of High Performance CEOs for the last 40+ years. Colt could be a case study on how to squander trademark value.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2021, 12:38 PM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
southern tip of Illinois
Posts: 
1,292
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My thoughts exactly Phil.

John
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2021, 05:29 PM
mtnhickorynut

Join Date: 
Dec 2020
Posts: 
41
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
This is a great thing. Colt's leadership has acted like they graduated from the Billy Carter School of High Performance CEOs for the last 40+ years. Colt could be a case study on how to squander trademark value.
The state of the American Corporation.
One day at a time, one more dollar, whatever the cost.
Somebody will be richly rewarded for selling off the iconic brand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x