April 2021 CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 Yard Rimfire Central Online Benchrest Match - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:54 PM
BCR1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
50% (0)

A near perfect day for weather tomorrow so I'll give it a go. Haven't shot a GM since Oct I believe so I'll be satisfied with a 220 or better.

Bill
Old 04-05-2021, 06:59 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Appalachian 2, I believe the rifle shoots better than that. Was your front and rear rests solid and not wobbly?
Old 04-05-2021, 07:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
"I hope I can do better"..... What an understatement. LOL. That new barrel must need a few more rounds to get run in good. We all know that is sub-par for you.
The barrel is broken in. I’ve shot 600 rounds through it. The trigger is heavy though even though I added a Yo Dave spring. I’ve adjusted and adjusted. I can’t get it any lighter and it still pass the bolt slam test. I think something is binding or something is wrong with it. I’m going to have to pull it back apart. I’m waiting on a trigger pin I ordered from TriggersByScar. I also have a better scope on the way for it.
Lastly, hunting Green Monsters is a perishable skill and it’s been a long winter.
I might try it with my 455V next week.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelbark View Post
Appalachian 2, I believe the rifle shoots better than that. Was your front and rear rests solid and not wobbly?
I had a solid rest, my normal set up. Like I was telling lasttombstone the trigger needs work....and I need work. If all that work don’t work I have another 452 to break out. 😆
Old 04-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What was your 457 like with the factory spring, before you put in the Yo Dave?
Old 04-05-2021, 08:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
What was your 457 like with the factory spring, before you put in the Yo Dave?
To be honest I don’t remember. I only had one outing with it before I changed it. It was probably about the same weight it currently is.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Caught a really nice day yesterday. This is a personal best, assuming I scored it correctly.

04/05/21
247-4X
Dunlop
CZ 452 American (LH), Vortex Crossfire 4-12X40 set to 9X
Caldwell Rock BR, Protektor bag
Lapua Center-X
77 F, sunny, calm

Old 04-06-2021, 05:34 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Congras on your new personal best, Dunlop. Always a good thing.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:47 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I may as well report here and share my misadventures on the firing line.

I got the "super-spiffy" new Rock front rest in the off season and have been looking forward to trying it out. Also, i've moved outdoors and built a rock solid shooting bench, although I'm still modifying it to get it to fit right. Short people will have issues with it but it's my bench at my house so RD will just have to adapt.

So, yesterday is went out to shoot for the first time since December and will all my spiffy new stuff I just knew that a 250 was at hand. Took my best rifle, the 452 American and started some printed practice targets. It was slow-go for sure as I was learning the bench (a pretty much new shooting position from the collapsable one in the shop) and the new front rest. I knew I was rusty but decided to shoot a target just to see what I could do. As Delbert says, "Not Too Good". What looked close to good through the scope turned out just close and a 242-5X was all I got out of it.

Since I was burning powder I thought I would give it another try today with the 455 Tacticool. I don't think I had fired that rifle since the middle of last summer when the ammo tightened up. My thought was........ new bench, new front rest, heavier rifle, ...... this is going to SMOKE. And when the smoke cleared it was worse....... 238-4X.

Both days it was obvious I had forgotten how to pull the trigger. I was touching off rounds early, slapping the trigger, too much finger, not enough finger........ anything you can do wrong I did, and it showed. Looks like a lot more printed targets and burning powder till I get it right again. Wonder what I can score with Golden Bulets?? I've got 2 buckets of that from 2016 if I run out of good stuff.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:49 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Whoo Hoo! We are off to a great start, Dunlop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
Caught a really nice day yesterday. This is a personal best, assuming I scored it correctly.

04/05/21
247-4X
Dunlop
CZ 452 American (LH), Vortex Crossfire 4-12X40 set to 9X
Caldwell Rock BR, Protektor bag
Lapua Center-X
77 F, sunny, calm

Old 04-07-2021, 12:29 PM
BCR1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
50% (0)
I only plan on shooting one target per month due to the absence of quality ammo at a decent price. I have enough to shoot this and my local club BR50 monthly match for the whole season.

Bill

Official Entry
04/07/21
229 0X
CZ 455FS, Athlon Talos 6-24 @ 9x
SK Standard +
Rock BR front, Protektor rear
Wind 1-2 mph
70+, wind 1-2mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0333.jpg (126.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0332.jpg (133.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Statistical Analysis

BCR1, Whenever I shoot a Green Monster, I learn from my misses. I can see from your target that most of your misses are off to the left. Not a coincidence. Statistical Analysis often see things we are reluctant to recognize. Imagine if all of your misses to the left were actually 10's and X's. They might have been with a different zero. Count your misses to the left compared with misses to the right. If there are more on the left then a click or two to the right on your scope will improve your score on your next target. I counted 20 out of 25. You need to rezero.

My scope has 1/8" adjustments, which I love. I rezeroed my squirrel rifle last week and it was off by three clicks! No wonder I missed that Carolina wren

My Green Monster rifle also has 1/8" adjustments, which I think (I know) is a huge advantage in this Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR1 View Post
I only plan on shooting one target per month due to the absence of quality ammo at a decent price. I have enough to shoot this and my local club BR50 monthly match for the whole season.

Bill

Official Entry
04/07/21
229 0X
CZ 455FS, Athlon Talos 6-24 @ 9x
SK Standard +
Rock BR front, Protektor rear
Wind 1-2 mph
70+, wind 1-2mph
Old 04-07-2021, 07:51 PM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Looking for recommendation

I have a CZ 457 at one with the longer barrel. Looking for a scope that will give me at least a few oz under the 9 lb limit. Have a little 3-12 AO scope on it now and it comes in at 8 lb 15 oz. To close for me to max weight. Also would like finer cross hairs than what I have now. The scope I have now weighs in at 19 oz.

Any suggestions?
chuck40219

Last edited by chuck40219; 04-07-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Hicksville Kid
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No wonder I missed that Carolina wren
Was that wren sitting or on the wing?

I once saw a kid from Arkansas shoot a flying pigeon with a .22. They are bigger than wrens though. 🙀
Old 04-08-2021, 04:17 PM
oldshot50

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I picked up a Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x. Very clear. Fine duplex reticle. Ordered direct from Clearidge website. Less than $220 shipped. Advertised weight on website was 11.9oz. About an oz heavier on my scale. Would still give you ounces to spare. Has a limited lifetime warranty. I expect it will do well on the GM at 25yds. Just don't know if I will get a target shot this month for various reasons. Next month for sure!