Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:39 PM
izhm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I would in for some if you get around to making them .
Old 02-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Lehman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMike View Post
If I had more time than brain (and a 3D printer, and the required skilss) I'd be tempted to make a 7-2 mag well that accepts Marlin magazine without modification

I have always thought a new magwell for Ruger10/22 mags would be ideal. Would just have to open up the stock as well.

Lehman
Old 02-10-2020, 09:00 AM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And get a new trigger guard assembly, and probably having to mill the underside of the action and the bolt. As the magazine profile is nowhere near the BB single stack magazine

But yeah, hunting gophers with a BB with a 50rds magazine would be fun
Old 02-10-2020, 04:59 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magwell sure does make it easy getting them in.

Topstrap

Last edited by Topstrap44; 02-10-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:04 AM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice job on the trigger guard!
Only thing missing is an extended magazine release lever
Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMike View Post
Nice job on the trigger guard!
Only thing missing is an extended magazine release lever

Thought about that but being in the front there could be a good chance of dropping the mag changing or bumping into a barracade or obstacle. It's really easy with the cutout to release the mag. It would look cooler but being slightly short it sits out of the way.

Topstrap
Old 02-14-2020, 11:28 AM
sainava

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For anybody interested in those 3d printed 5rd mags, just message me. I have 6 made at the moment. After a few people confirm they are good I'll start cranking them out and list them as officially for sale somewhere... probably eBay.

And then I'll start working on the 10rd version
Old 02-18-2020, 02:57 PM
izhm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Update on sainava's reproduction 5 round mags. . Received mine today it's a work of art the construction is excellent . It locks into the rifle just like the original metal one . It holds 5 rounds and feeds all 5 rounds into the chamber smoothly and correctly ! Loaded it 5 times and fired the rifle with no problems . People this a winner
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izhm View Post
Update on sainava's reproduction 5 round mags. . Received mine today it's a work of art the construction is excellent . It locks into the rifle just like the original metal one . It holds 5 rounds and feeds all 5 rounds into the chamber smoothly and correctly ! Loaded it 5 times and fired the rifle with no problems . People this a winner
Just to pick up on izhm's post, I also received a mag from sainava (THANKS sainava!). The construction definitely looks good! While I didn't get any range time in yet to REALLY test the mag properly, I loaded and cycled some rounds through my 7-2, NO damage to the bullet noses at all (other than the usual rifling engraving), so sainava seems to have the feed geometry correct for sure.

I have two VERY MINOR suggestions to improve the mags. The detent notch for the mag catch was VERY shallow, so much so that I was worried about the mag possibly moving in the mag well. I took a triangular file to the detent notch and deepened it some, but ended up breaking through the front wall of the mag slightly. This is NOT a problem unless the mag catch protrudes into the mag interior and interferes with the follower. I suggested to sainava that the front wall thickness of the mag be increased slightly to accommodate a deeper mag catch "cut"? The other suggestion is to somehow smooth the ridges from the top of the mag follower after printing. When the 3-D printer creates the feed ramp area of follower, there is a "layering" (multiple ridges) effect introduced to the top of the follower (wish I knew how to post a pic). I'm certain the rounds are dragging some as they cross this area as they feed into the chamber, so I just smoothed mine up a bit with a file. However, perhaps this is something that simply running a few hundred rounds through the rifle will correct (smooth out the top of the follower). So, maybe the follower is GTG as is.

I said the suggestions were very minor, just glad we seem to now have a good alternative to the basically unobtanium Izhmash mags