A 7-3/8" Model 41, and an added bonus - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:16 PM
Kleiss1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)

CCI Standard Velocity is what I always run in mine. Never had a problem. Just keeps on tickin.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:41 AM
poochie
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Congratulations, your 41 is a beauty and surely one of the nicest I've ever seen.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
I just got my new 41 last week, and I've got to say the bluing looks great to me, even compared to the older ones. That's not to say it's better, but it is, IMO, at least roughly comparable and it's already d&t'd for a red dot.

Re HV ammo, I looked through the owner's manual and it doesn't say anything about not using it, just mentions using the "correct" stuff in very general terms. I put a couple dozen rds. of CCI Minimag thru it and it ran very well. So did the CCI SV, though I didn't have much of that to try. Aguila SV, of which I have a fair supply, didn't feed well at all. Jammed almost half the time. I think it's too dry, gonna try oiling it up a bit more (I already did that once). This stuff ran pretty well in my Ruger MkII's so long as I didn't load more'n 5-6 rounds at a time. Sure will be glad when the ammo drouth is over!
Old 05-05-2021, 02:32 PM
mr alexander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
A 7-3/8" Model 41, and an added bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1903 View Post
A friend of mine only shoots hv Ammo in his model 41 and I looked at it and it is beating slide face up and barrel Breech up ! My gun is older and has more rounds threw it but only sv Ammo and mine is in a lot better condition barrel breach and slide face ! So I personally would not shoot hv in mine! And he uses a buffer! I donít!
If a steady diet of high velocity ammo is used in a Model 41, you run the risk of cracking the slide. Note the location of where this one sustained the damage. It was able to be repaired by welding and remachining: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1181137&page=2.