Why are your shipping costs so high ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Wingfoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Unhappy Why are your shipping costs so high ?

I just tried to buy 6 small parts for my Tippmann from the official store, how come the international shipping for such small & lightweight items cost so much more than the combined price of all the parts put together.

Taken from my cart...

M4-22 Extractor Spring
1 x M4-22 Extractor Spring
$3.00
M4-22 Extractor
2 x M4-22 Extractor
$14.00
M4-22 Extractor Pin
2 x M4-22 Extractor Pin
$11.00
M4-22 Extended Charging Handle
1 x M4-22 Extended Charging Handle
$29.95
Subtotal $57.95
Shipping $70.19
Tax $0.00
Coupon/Gift Certificate
Total (USD) $128.14
Old 10-04-2020, 12:11 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Did you try pricing these parts through your local UK Tippmann dealer Shooting Supplies Ltd. Neil?

Between ITAR paperwork and FedEx small package costs they might be able to save you money by bundling your parts order in with a regular stock shipment.

Import/Export manager is one of many hats I wear at my company and I can tell you with certainty that the smaller the dollar value the less economic sense an international transaction will make.

Good luck with it,

Frank
Old 10-04-2020, 02:24 PM
sweetmk
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
We have been involved in some international shipping lately, of only a book that weighs less than a pound,

COVID-19 has forced some shipping to be handled by only VERY expensive methods.

From the USA to some countries, the shipping can run OVER $150, for the cheapest method.

That changes daily, and it is getting better, possibly this is the reason for the shipping charge?

Where is the shipping from, and where is it going to?

Maybe their shipping cost is even LOW ! ??

It is tough to keep the websites accurate on shipping charges, when some countries are relaxing, others are not,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Wingfoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess times have changed with covid & other red tape regulations thrown in, it seems odd that I can buy stuff from Canada just over the border & pay way less for shipping to the UK.

My local Tippmann dealer website does not have an online store that allows for these items to be added to a shopping cart, I was hoping to go straight to the manufacturer & just order what I want directly.

I purchased the rifle back in early June of this year & I wanted the extended charging handle but they didn't have one in stock, I asked to be put on the waiting list for when they next get them in, Im still waiting.... hence my attempt to go direct as they appear to be in stock on the Tippmann website.

I guess I will have to go the long way around & email shooting supplies again & ask if they will ever have them in stock again, then call them up & pay with a card over the phone, all very time consuming & a little frustrating.

Cheers
Neil
Old 10-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Wingfoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here are the shipping options offered by the Tippmann website to my location in the UK.

Why only Prority or Expedited options on offer ?

I assume these all go via Air routes, I would be happy with a slower & cheaper land & sea option if one were offered.

It is frustrating that I can order things of equivalent size & weight from china & they will give you free shipping from the other side of the world, yes its slow but it gets here in about a month.

USPS (Priority Mail International)
$70.19

USPS (Priority Mail Express International)
$86.31

UPS (UPS Worldwide Expedited®)
$144.44

UPS (UPS Worldwide Saver®)
$155.97

UPS (UPS Worldwide Express®)
$157.61
Old 10-09-2020, 12:59 PM
walesdave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Here are the shipping options offered by the Tippmann website to my location in the UK.

Why only Prority or Expedited options on offer ?

I assume these all go via Air routes, I would be happy with a slower & cheaper land & sea option if one were offered.

It is frustrating that I can order things of equivalent size & weight from china & they will give you free shipping from the other side of the world, yes its slow but it gets here in about a month.

USPS (Priority Mail International)
$70.19

USPS (Priority Mail Express International)
$86.31

UPS (UPS Worldwide Expedited®)
$144.44

UPS (UPS Worldwide Saver®)
$155.97

UPS (UPS Worldwide Express®)
$157.61
I'm sure you've thought of it already....but just in case you haven't....have you factored in the possibility of getting hit with VAT, import duty etc.?

BTW: got my Elite-S from Bromsgrove as well
Old 06-15-2021, 08:00 AM
laspomkj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
By the way, I noticed this too! I was surprised that the delivery is so expensive. I decided to try out another shipping agency. I was about to order from them, but I am glad I had the brain to ask my friend for a piece of advice. He told me that the prices are too high, and he also said that I should check this website https://sourcingbro.com/shipbob-review/ because they have better prices, and they never lie about shipping time. I decided to give it a shot and I was surprised by how good the prices were and I even got my package on time. Now I only use their services if I need to order anything.

Last edited by laspomkj; 06-23-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:52 PM
Wingfoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just an update, I finally got the extractor kits I wanted from my local dealer in May of this year and at a very good price. So about 8 months after my initial attempt to buy them direct from tippmann, I'm glad I didn't pay the high shipping costs now, just need to allow for the longer lead time & plan ahead.