Question on a Tippmann M4 22lr - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2021, 10:51 PM
Clintr79

Join Date: 
Mar 2021
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question on a Tippmann M4 22lr



Log in to see fewer ads
Was wondering if anyone tore one completely down for coating or anything. I tore mine down to cerakote the upper and lower plus the hand guard and there is a small square metal piece about 3/16 square and about a 1/16 thick. I am not sure where it fell out of as I did not see it till sorting parts out. Definitely not like a normal Ar.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Sir

Join Date: 
Oct 2020
Posts: 
139
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Suggest you give the nice folks at Tippman a call for the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Clintr79

Join Date: 
Mar 2021
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone have a exploded view or anything to help me out. Iíve searched the internet and didnít find anything
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 03-31-2021, 05:59 PM
escond1do
US Air Force Veteran

Join Date: 
Feb 2021
Location: 
West Houston, Texas
Posts: 
42
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintr79 View Post
Anyone have a exploded view or anything to help me out. Iíve searched the internet and didnít find anything
Here is link to download the specs. The individual parts are towards the end of the pdf.

https://tippmannarms.com/downloads/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2021, 05:04 PM
surevaliance

Join Date: 
Jul 2021
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann M4-22 - any first-hand experience?

Last Friday I stopped by the LGS, and got very intrigued by little M4 clone plinkster, that's made by Tippmann, however, my main concern is its reliability with "cheap" bulk Rem./Win./Federal, etc. ammo, since online reviews are mixed.
How is the reliability and accuracy compared to factory-stock 10/22?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2021, 08:02 PM
mostly22lately

Join Date: 
Jan 2021
Posts: 
39
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surevaliance View Post
Last Friday I stopped by the LGS, and got very intrigued by little M4 clone plinkster, that's made by Tippmann, however, my main concern is its reliability with "cheap" bulk Rem./Win./Federal, etc. ammo, since online reviews are mixed.
How is the reliability and accuracy compared to factory-stock 10/22?
Thanks!
Not sure what reviews you were looking at. The ones I saw basically said "this thing eats everything" and I have TWO now (one is my son's). They do, in fact, eat everything. Thunderbolts, Wildcats, and of course, good food too ;-)

I got these primarily BECAUSE of the reliability I had heard of and the reports were correct.

Mine shoots 1-sh MOA with CCI SV. Works for me. Doing the project Appleseed thing. KD event next, Aug 7th.

I did not get a 10/22 because by the time I re-jiggered it to 'equal' the M4-22 I'd have spent more and still not been what I wanted, nor could I get LRBHO properly.

LOTS of market competition in this space but at the current $519 street price for the Elite rifle, it is a solid option.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2021, 05:41 PM
surevaliance

Join Date: 
Jul 2021
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly22lately View Post
Not sure what reviews you were looking at. The ones I saw basically said "this thing eats everything" and I have TWO now (one is my son's). They do, in fact, eat everything. Thunderbolts, Wildcats, and of course, good food too ;-)

I got these primarily BECAUSE of the reliability I had heard of and the reports were correct.

Mine shoots 1-sh MOA with CCI SV. Works for me. Doing the project Appleseed thing. KD event next, Aug 7th.

I did not get a 10/22 because by the time I re-jiggered it to 'equal' the M4-22 I'd have spent more and still not been what I wanted, nor could I get LRBHO properly.

LOTS of market competition in this space but at the current $519 street price for the Elite rifle, it is a solid option.
Thank you for your response!
.22 is all I can afford to shoot now, due to the ammo pricing craziness.
I did paperwork for Micro Elite yesterday, so hopefully my local PD will return BGC before this upcoming weekend, so I will pick it up and take it to the range.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2021, 11:27 PM
Wsleigh
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Jun 2018
Location: 
Indiana
Posts: 
3
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammo reliability

The only stuff I've ran into that my Tippmann would not cycle was some Winchester Varmint LF, 26 grain/1650 fps, Tin hollow point. Other than those, it's eaten everything I've fed it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x