Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:51 PM
Clintr79

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question on a Tippmann M4 22lr

Was wondering if anyone tore one completely down for coating or anything. I tore mine down to cerakote the upper and lower plus the hand guard and there is a small square metal piece about 3/16 square and about a 1/16 thick. I am not sure where it fell out of as I did not see it till sorting parts out. Definitely not like a normal Ar.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Sir

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Suggest you give the nice folks at Tippman a call for the answer.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Clintr79

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone have a exploded view or anything to help me out. Iíve searched the internet and didnít find anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2021, 05:59 PM
escond1do
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintr79 View Post
Anyone have a exploded view or anything to help me out. Iíve searched the internet and didnít find anything
Here is link to download the specs. The individual parts are towards the end of the pdf.

https://tippmannarms.com/downloads/
Old 07-19-2021, 05:04 PM
surevaliance

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann M4-22 - any first-hand experience?

Last Friday I stopped by the LGS, and got very intrigued by little M4 clone plinkster, that's made by Tippmann, however, my main concern is its reliability with "cheap" bulk Rem./Win./Federal, etc. ammo, since online reviews are mixed.
How is the reliability and accuracy compared to factory-stock 10/22?
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2021, 08:02 PM
mostly22lately

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surevaliance View Post
Last Friday I stopped by the LGS, and got very intrigued by little M4 clone plinkster, that's made by Tippmann, however, my main concern is its reliability with "cheap" bulk Rem./Win./Federal, etc. ammo, since online reviews are mixed.
How is the reliability and accuracy compared to factory-stock 10/22?
Thanks!
Not sure what reviews you were looking at. The ones I saw basically said "this thing eats everything" and I have TWO now (one is my son's). They do, in fact, eat everything. Thunderbolts, Wildcats, and of course, good food too ;-)

I got these primarily BECAUSE of the reliability I had heard of and the reports were correct.

Mine shoots 1-sh MOA with CCI SV. Works for me. Doing the project Appleseed thing. KD event next, Aug 7th.

I did not get a 10/22 because by the time I re-jiggered it to 'equal' the M4-22 I'd have spent more and still not been what I wanted, nor could I get LRBHO properly.

LOTS of market competition in this space but at the current $519 street price for the Elite rifle, it is a solid option.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:41 PM
surevaliance

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly22lately View Post
Not sure what reviews you were looking at. The ones I saw basically said "this thing eats everything" and I have TWO now (one is my son's). They do, in fact, eat everything. Thunderbolts, Wildcats, and of course, good food too ;-)

I got these primarily BECAUSE of the reliability I had heard of and the reports were correct.

Mine shoots 1-sh MOA with CCI SV. Works for me. Doing the project Appleseed thing. KD event next, Aug 7th.

I did not get a 10/22 because by the time I re-jiggered it to 'equal' the M4-22 I'd have spent more and still not been what I wanted, nor could I get LRBHO properly.

LOTS of market competition in this space but at the current $519 street price for the Elite rifle, it is a solid option.
Thank you for your response!
.22 is all I can afford to shoot now, due to the ammo pricing craziness.
I did paperwork for Micro Elite yesterday, so hopefully my local PD will return BGC before this upcoming weekend, so I will pick it up and take it to the range.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:27 PM
Wsleigh
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammo reliability

The only stuff I've ran into that my Tippmann would not cycle was some Winchester Varmint LF, 26 grain/1650 fps, Tin hollow point. Other than those, it's eaten everything I've fed it.