The Watering Hole 9-27-2021 - Page 14 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 12:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My daughter carries the Shield I bought for her because she prefers a thumb-safety over having to cock it (previously carried my old G26).

I'm ok carrying my 43 "live" but am not averse to more safety.. just was never an option.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:47 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I've keeled a plethora of 'em with 38 special and 9mm. Usually one shot is all it takes but sometimes I'll give them two because I want them dead, dead, dead rather than dying.

Twice I've shot one with a 45acp and had it not dead enough. One struck at my boot but 'twas probably dead but didn't know it yet. The other was a big one, maybe 5' long, that showed itself in the drive as I came into la hacienda. I had a couple of munchkins in the back so I dismounted, shot it twice, then put the ride in the garage and dismounted the munchkins before going back to retrieve the carcass. It wasn't there! Tracked it down and finished it off with a few more shots.

P365.

I have a mag loaded with shotshells and a mag loaded with SJHP. I usually have the shotshell mag in when out and about near la hacienda and switch to the ball mag when I leave home. May have to switch that up a bit as mentioned with at least a few loose shotshells in the ride for Justin Case. Either that or start packing both mags all the time.

Maybe you need one of those 45/410 revolvers for that type of work.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:49 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Nuevo paisano enroute for interview-slash-first day of work. Gotta get my mean girl Doņa look on.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Nuevo paisano enroute for interview-slash-first day of work. Gotta get my mean girl Doņa look on.
Just don't become a Karen.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2021, 01:32 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sun is out today. You wouldn't know that we had any rain yesterday afternoon/evening.

Just back from a record time in Costco run - 11 minutes for 8 items. The Warden and the grandson were in the car waiting for me. He gets impatient quickly and it was getting close to breakfast time for the little guy.

Watching a guy build a deck onto the back of a house on our cross street. Trying to figure out where he'll make the door to go out onto the deck.

Had some neighborhood excitement last night. Someone up the block was using his gas BBQ. He said he was cooking away when the cylinder "caught fire and nearly exploded". Don't know about the "nearly exploded" part. Suspect he might have had the hose to the propane tank not on tight. He sure got a quick response of three engines and a Battalion chief. It was kind of interesting that the first responding engine was up on the hill parked facing downhill and their onboard tank was leaking like a shiv. They must have lost 100 gallons of water in the 10 minutes they were there. The third responding engine parked down the block a few houses from us. The hoofed it up the block in full turnouts. Quite a work out for those guys. The leaking engine had to tank up at the hydrant down from our block.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
91°, RH 55%, wind S 13 G 18 under partly cloudy skies. Time to come in and dry out, then go snag carton of suet cakes @ HD, if they have any. , make some groceries and come back to load some Don's pinks.. in their long .45 skirts for playing in the rain.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:52 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:

P365.

I have a mag loaded with shotshells and a mag loaded with SJHP. I usually have the shotshell mag in when out and about near la hacienda and switch to the ball mag when I leave home. May have to switch that up a bit as mentioned with at least a few loose shotshells in the ride for Justin Case. Either that or start packing both mags all the time.

Our club recently had a drawing for one of those, I bought my usual 50 tickets and WON!! Haven't shot it yet awaiting some brass from a friend out in Oregon.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:37 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Played with my cheap astro camera tonight after werk. I focused it on a red pine on the edge of my property. Getting focus on something dim is kind a hard. Jupiter would be easier.

I'd like to get up at 23:00 to take pictures of Jupiter. Not sure if that will happen, bed and sleep have a strong attraction. If not, I can try again on another night.

Coworker is heading to Texas for a two week vacation. A strip of land near Corpus Christi. Can't remember the name of the place now.

I hope you are improving Mayor. You are in my prayers.

Really want a P365XL with thumb safety and Romeo0. Not sold together, have to buy each piece the last time I czeched.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 09-28-2021 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:52 PM
JVStalin

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Played with my cheap astro camera tonight after werk. I focused it on a red pine on the edge of my property. Getting focus on something dim is kind a hard. Jupiter would be easier.

I'd like to get up at 23:00 to take pictures of Jupiter.
FYI : Our "Space Weather " prediction for tonight is for high levels of auroral activity. I don't know your latitude , but , keep your eyes open !
Old 09-28-2021, 04:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Getting focus on something dim is kind a hard.
Try using a laser pointer, on a distant object.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:59 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
FYI : Our "Space Weather " prediction for tonight is for high levels of auroral activity. I don't know your latitude , but , keep your eyes open !
Nearer to 45 than 44.

Kp4 to Kp5 from 11pm to Midnight. Thanks!

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 09-28-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:05 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Rain Storm just passed thru.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:13 PM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
May just need to drive to the mountaintop on north end of town and do some long exposures.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:17 PM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
May just need to drive to the mountaintop on north end of town and do some long exposures.
Do you get super powers if you stand under that long enough?
Old 09-28-2021, 05:29 PM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNewTricks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
Do you get super powers if you stand under that long enough?
One of my camera bodies will do at least two hour exposures. Longer exposures leave star streaks which isn’t that great to look at though.
Those pics were only a couple minutes exposure time. Haven’t played with it at night for a couple years but just setting it up to take a long exposure at times intervals of fifteen minutes apart worked well for Milkyway photos. On the north end of town the nearest light pollution is sixty miles north.

Last edited by W8LON; 09-28-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread