On the frustrations of spring squirrels.... - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:05 PM
tbates66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

hey out...thanks for comments. usually go out 1june when season opens in kansas, then never go again until fall....too many ticks. in all my years of this tradition, no 2 years are ever the same. And i've been at it for 60 years. this year i'll miss because i had shoulder surgery last week. the place I hunt is the best kansas woods i have ever hunted and still unpredictable
Old 05-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
tbates66, I had shoulder surgery in January and I went to my last day of physical therapy today. Had to have my bicep severed and reattached to the shoulder because I had a torn labrum. I hope your recovery time is much quicker and easier than mine has been. I've killed a few squirrels since the season opened here on May 15, so I know I am going to be alright. God willing, you will too.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:17 PM
machine73
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hunting East Texas woods are hard! It stays thick and hot almost the whole year. It gets a little disheartening.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:37 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
California ground squirrels are coming out in droves right now attacking all the nut crops. One of the neighbors shot over 40 today and I got about 10 in less than half and hour of shooting. rc
Old 05-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RC, I wish I lived somewhere where ground squirrels lived I would enjoy hunting them with you for sure!
Old 05-28-2018, 09:19 PM
scottycoyote
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Virginia has a 2 week spring/summer season in june and I started hunting it for the first time 3 years ago. Ive hunted it every year since and none of my usual squirrel hunting strategies seem to work.

Its hot and summertime, youd think squirrels would be out early and late and lay up the middle of the day.....nope. They seem to turn on around 10 or 11 and close up shop around 3/4 and thats it. Also whenever i see them its like they are on their way somewhere.....not the usual squirrel movement where they scurry spot to spot finding nuts in the leaves, they are on the move and they blow on by and are out of sight....very odd.

Im trying to learn how to hunt them better for this time of year, basically i just try and cover a lot of ground and enjoy it
Old 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, I've noticed that squirrels travel a lot more through the trees during the Spring and early summer than they do during the fall.