Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Suppressor host: buckmark or ruger

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rockyriver 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to add a suppressor, dead air mask, and want to ask for opinion which would be a good host.

I have an older buckmark i consider buying a tacsol trail lite 4” barrel. It would probably be cheapest, and less hassle.

I also have a ruger mk3 22/45 bull barrel. Is there a way to modify the upper to make it a good host?

Option 3 would be a mk4 22/45 lite that has a threaded barrel.

Which would you pick? Thanks!

#3 ·
I have both, and I like both platforms.
The Buck Mark is the easier/cheaper way to go when looking at Tac-Sol barrels and uppers. The Ruger upper is the serial numbered part and is just like buying another gun. The Buck Mark barrel is just a part and can be mailed to your house.
Your other option is to have the Ruger factory barrel threaded.
Whichever way you decide to go, keep barrel length 4.5" or less so you can shoot bulk pack and it stays subsonic.

One caveat on the Tac-Sol barrel for the Buck Mark. Always make sure the short screw for the rear sight rib or rail goes in front. If you put the long screw in fornt it will dimple the chamber when you tighten down on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.