Vudoo Gun Works V-22 - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Rob01
US Marines Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

That grinning guy in the camo shorts in the center is my team mate who was lucky enough to get down and shoot the rifle and he was totally impressed. He kept a 1/2-3/4" 5 shot group on the 170 yard plate and cleaned the KYL and also hit the 485 plate. He was very impressed with the accuracy and the fit and function on the rifles as you could run them hard without problems. I think these rifles will be really changing the custom .22 market.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A left hand version would be like Christmas
Old 09-29-2017, 12:44 AM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
a vote for sporter

My big hesitancy with the stiller 2500xr was its terrible magazine design as it relates to making a sporter.

I'd love to vote for a sporter magazine that is close to flush, it would be killer to make a 22lr identical match to my 300wsm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2017, 02:17 PM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been shooting a couple of CMP 40X/XB rifles converted into repeaters to use the same magazine as the V-22 for some time now, and am still having a hard time staying in the shop to get work done on other guys' rifles - seems like every decent day that comes along, I would much prefer to be out shooting these rifles than working in the shop. I found a lot # of SK Rifle Match that shoots very well out of both the Benchmark 3-groove of the 40X and the Lilja titebore of the 40XB. I have Jewell HVR triggers & Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scopes on these rifles, both in B&C #2015 stocks with PTG DBM, and they're sweeeet!

Have been reading & looking at the pics in the threads on the V-22 here & on a couple of other forums, and finally gave in to the temptation & ordered an action. UPS delivered a Manners Tactical Elite T4A stock in GAP camo yesterday, plus there's a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks in sendero contour out in the shop, and I'm expecting another Jewell trigger next week - so all I need to get the V-22 up & running is the action & the time to do the bbl work....can hardly wait!
Old 10-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Rob01
US Marines Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi guys. I was lucky enough to spend about 3 hours with MB in his lab talking about the rifle and actually seeing it for the first time including mine which is going out for meloniting this week YAY! Lol

All I can say after seeing this rifle first hand is WOW! The thought and attention to detail that goes into it and still going into it is amazing. Mike is a very smart guy with great ideas. The action is very strong and the advice on how to run it is not baby it but run it like you stole it which means don't baby or short stroke it.

The magazines are very nice also and the way they are set up when the bolt starts stripping a round and the bolt picking it up allows the round to feed into the chamber and not get banged up on the top of the chamber and deform the bullet. Again this comes from Mike's attention to detail.

Also speaking to that is the fact that the actions are made so identical that barrels can be made and screwed on without even having the action on hand. That makes getting new or differing length or contour barrels for the action easy.

Another excellent feature is that the rifle is dry fire safe so no issue using it to practice at home dry firing as well. That is a very nice feature for a .22.

The whole package from mag to action to barreled action is a whole new ball game from what people are used to seeing in a .22 action, even a 40X. I can see this rifle taking the custom .22 market by storm. If you were on the fence about getting one then I would recommend getting off the fence and getting one ordered before the sale ends and the word gets out any farther and you find yourself waiting
Old 10-02-2017, 07:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via AIM to Tackdriver22250
How much would meloniting or cerakoting add to a barrelend action?
Old 10-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Rob01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250 View Post
How much would meloniting or cerakoting add to a barrelend action?
The meloniting is standard on every barreled action but the cerakoting is an up charge. Not sure how much but if guessing from other custom rifles being done other places probably anywhere from $200-300. But not sure what Vudoo is charging. Give them a call.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:12 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brought the Ultrasonic Welding of magazines in-house, another step to eliminate variation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UibL7JdLA1o

MB
Old 10-09-2017, 08:07 AM
rolltide

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Crap...I'm going to end up with one of these...my wallet hates me...
Old 11-13-2017, 11:26 PM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting closer to getting the V-22 action I ordered - last time I spoke with the folks at Vudoo, all they were waiting on to be able to ship my action was to get a batch of bolt noses back from the melonite shop. Should have it yet this week...

Drove down to Hutch here in Kansas early Sunday morning to shoot the last 22RF PR match of the season there, and to see a complete V-22 rifle. The match director had gotten his rifle Saturday afternoon, barely had time to zero the new scope I'd sold him for it, and then swapped out the OEM stock for his McM A4, since the LOP of the OEM stock was too short for his build. I'm sure he didn't have time to test different lots of SK Rifle Match before the match, but the lot he was shooting was performing pretty good - after the match, he handed me his new rifle with a full 10rd mag & I laid down prone, zeroed it on an 8" plate at 226yds, then moved to the smallest (2") plate in the 'test your limits' rack and got three consecutive hits on it. As much as I was impressed by the accuracy, I was even more impressed with how smoothly his V-22 fed - whether I ran the bolt fast or slow. It's already a slick action, but as that melonite finish wears-in a bit, it's just going to get slicker. Going to be hard to think of any other rifle work once my action gets here...
Old 11-17-2017, 12:07 PM
hurtigskydning

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just ordered my 16 incher, canít wait
Old 11-17-2017, 05:19 PM
sunburned

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got mine today, solid as a bank vault. Test target is better than the one Anschutz sent with their 1907.

Last edited by sunburned; 05-29-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 PM
PakProtector
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well...looks like a very fine 1813 is going to come up for sale shortly...
cheers,
Douglas
Old 11-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Rob01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got settled in enough in my new house to get the Vudoo stocked and scoped up. Hopefully doing some shooting over the next day or two! Super excited!

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (1606 kB)
(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (1817 kB)
Old 11-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Rob01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got out today to test the rifle and get it zeroed. After zeroing I shot a couple 5 shot groups. I was using Lapua Knocker ammo which has been discontinued but I have a bunch. It shoots fast though at 1330fps from my magnetospeed.

Dropped one in first group.