Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:22 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

In on a page, yet to be determined.

Home from the range. Plates fell. Not much to tell.

On the ride home, I noticed a political sign littering a public neutral ground, (median for y'all Yankees) I pulled over and picked up the offending litter. It's in my garbage can now.
The law says; "No signs may be placed upon a public street, public rights-of-way, or sidewalks, or upon any utility pole, traffic sign, public building or any other public property within the City."

Nearby, on a fence at a shopping center there is another huge sign. I just checked the ordinance, and no sign over 6 Sq Ft may be displayed. I'll go cut that one down too.
Fighting garbage, one politician at a time.

Watching Football. Dallas defense looks good, but don't tell Lastshot I said that. Go Redskins!!!!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:43 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In.

Single-Six day at the range this morning. LR's and WMR's equally. LR's are moar accurate, no matter WHAT "they" say.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Not last, not first, but in.

Have a good day.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:31 PM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile Can I play , too ?

IN Ahhhh , we are enjoying a protracted "summer" , with brilliant sunshine , but , temps in the 30s F overnight . Even Prudhoe is s*** - free .
Old 09-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It must have rained pretty hard last night, lots of water in the wheel barrow I failed to tip on side.

Noticed a dead pine leaning toward the garage. Winched it over the other way until it fell in a safe direction. I need to go up on the garage roof and rake the pine needles off. One would think the wind and rain would keep them off of it but that is not the case.

I should have done it when I had the extension ladder out last week to put a second rope up in the oak I cut. I have one of those systems that uses a hook at one end and a block and tackle at the other to lift the ladder against the trusses. It gets it out of the way but wrestling a 24' 300# ladder is getting harder each year. I miss my 16' aluminum ladder that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That was handy.

Changed the air filter in the generator and ran it using a space heater as a dummy load for a while. Ordered another air filter now that I know the one I bought fit along with a spare fuel shut off valve, oil filter, and spark plug. If I'm prepared, I won't have to use it.

A .22 Hornet low wall sounds like a fine rifle. I've always liked the single shots, especially those that don't have a hinge in the middle, not that I'm prejudiced.
Martini, high wall, low wall, I like them all.

I bet your dad was happy to have his son come to the rescue Don. I miss having mom call me to come to her rescue.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 09-15-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Brent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I miss having mom call me to come to her rescue.
I know the feeling Szumi! Missing dad too. As I near the age that he passed away, I feel like we had more in common than I realized when younger. He was only 58.

It's another hot one out there today! 93į, with a "feels like" temp of 98į according to the local news. I believe it! I need some cooler weather where I can do some more woodworking projects. Well, that's what my head is saying anyway.

Brent
Old 09-15-2019, 02:59 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I put my little Bearcat up for sale at the LGS today - too small for my XL mitts.

Then I fire up RFC when I get back and some joker has put a link for people that like 32ACP.... Beretta 81, Italian ex-police pistols, "Good to Very Good" for trade-ins. Reasonable price all things considered, so my Bearcat had better sell quickly as I have already paid for the Beretta.

Just when I thought I had gained some space...

For those interested in a Beretta themselves...

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bere...ood-very-good/

Old 09-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Home watching the Packers trying to throw this one away while waiting another 1/2 hr for the first hockey game of the season and a couple more hrs for the race that counts. Finn's happy there's more than 1 tv here. Both of us have sore backs from loading and unloading heavy stuff preparing camp for winter.
I'm cooking, takeout.

If the same ref sees two penalties he throws his hat after the flag.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:24 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Home watching the Packers trying to throw this one away while waiting another 1/2 hr for the first hockey game of the season and a couple more hrs for the race that counts. Finn's happy there's more than 1 tv here. Both of us have sore backs from loading and unloading heavy stuff preparing camp for winter.
I'm cooking, takeout.

If the same ref sees two penalties he throws his hat after the flag.
Packers managed to hold on to this one. What happened to last weeks defense?
Old 09-15-2019, 03:55 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
A sunny Sunday has turned into a gray, windless day with possible rain weasel-squeaked. And I have chicken thighs to grill.

This hitchhiker traveled with me today on the tailgate of the pick up; a 100+mi. trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0029.JPG (99.6 KB, 80 views)
Old 09-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Today is "Battle of Britain Day".
Also in WWI Sep 15 is the day tanks were used for the first time in battle

Among many other things that happened on this date:
1616 First non-aristocratic, free public school in Europe is opened in Frascati, Italy
1821 Act of Independence of Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras & Nicaragua declare their independence from the Spanish Empire
1835 HMS Beagle with Charles Darwin on board reaches the Galapagos Islands
1928 Scottish bacteriologist Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin while studying influenza
1940 Battle of Britain Day: climax of the Battle of Britain, tide begins to turn as the Royal Air Force repulses a major Luftwaffe attack, losing 29 aircraft to the Germans' 57-61
1997 Google.com is registered as a domain name
Old 09-15-2019, 04:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know the feeling Szumi! Missing dad too. As I near the age that he passed away, I feel like we had more in common than I realized when younger. He was only 58.

Brent

My dad passed when he was 58 also, 3 months short of his 59th birthday. Really miss him, 37 years later. While I donít think so, relatives say Iím the spitting image. Taught me the value of hard work and treating others fairly, even when they donít treat you fairly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
In July 2017 I got a 455 Varmint and put a Mueller 8x32 TD with CZ30mm rings on it. It started out shooting .7-.8 at 50. With tape bedding, support pad, and trigger spring I got it shooting .3-.4. I was shooting a lot of USBR, Tack Driver, and groups for the matches and games here, and doing good enough to please me.

So over the winter of 2017-2018 I installed pillars, bedded the action with Devcon, got Burris sig airgun rings and a Weaver V24 for it, so I coud put the Mueller back on the gun it was borrowed from.
When the weather got nice enough to start shooting I was at it. I couldn't get it to shoot less than a .9 five shot groups at 50 to save my life. So I checked every thing, pulled the rings and cleaned, tried the scope on another gun, gave it a good cleaning, and soaked and brushed the chamber a few times, and tried different pad placement. Same thing , no better than the 9's at 50. I figured it had to be my pillars, bedding, or by a very slight possibility the rings. Most likely my work. So in about July of 2018 I gave it a cleaning, put it in the case and put it on time out.

So about a month ago got a DIP 25 moa base for it. Three days ago I put it on with a set of Burris Sig Zee's that I had laying in a drawer. Yesterday I got all set up at the bench to see if I could get it on paper at 50. It was about 1" to the left and right where I wanted it about 3"s high. Three shots and it was on. That's when it started to rain, not enough to drown me but enough to make me wet. I was already wet so I kept shooting. I shot 8 five shot groups wiping the rain spots off the scope lens twice. It was averaging in the low .5's, and after I got all my wet stuff into the shop it quit raining.

I got it back out today and tried a few different pad placements, and got it back to the low 4's with a .203 for the best.

The airgun rings are history.

I was so happy I treated myself to a ride on the cub for a few hours.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:55 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Packers managed to hold on to this one. What happened to last weeks defense?
They looked great when it was 21/0 and then the opposing coaching started. Packers were lucky with this win.

Dad died in 99 of liver n lung cancer, rotten sick feeling all the time. He was an ex smoker with lots of asbestos exposure which stacked the odds against him. The head cancer doc was a real piece of work. I brought dad in for an appmnt. because he was too sick to make it for a chemo treatment and the doc wanted to see and hear why. I was there when they went nose to nose and that was the last time dad saw a doc. I later saw the doc at a bar/restaurant having a beer and a smoke. I had nothing nice to say to him so said nothing. Dad didn't believe in turning the other cheek nor do I!.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:07 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
OFFICIALS ROB SAINTS OF TOUCHDOWN AGAINST THE RAMS

Seriously officials. How much? How much are they paying you? We'll double it, just stop though.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Closed Thread