Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:11 PM
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
OK show of hands

When was the last time you were in any store other then Circle K or Quick Stop when most, let alone all the checkout lines were manned at the same time?? Why put in 15 check out lanes if your only gonna man/woman 3? There always seems to be someone around who invites me down to some other cash register then the one I finally decided to get in line at.

Oh well
Old 09-12-2019, 02:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeley View Post
When was the last time you were in any store other then Circle K or Quick Stop when most, let alone all the checkout lines were manned at the same time?? Why put in 15 check out lanes if your only gonna man/woman 3? There always seems to be someone around who invites me down to some other cash register then the one I finally decided to get in line at.

Oh well
Because those other registers are for christmas.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:15 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:

Oh well
It's just you.

Nah, see it all the time. It's about staffing for the load they they expect at any given hour. They don't always get it right.
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 02:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
how about they NEVER get it right !
Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (148)
Quote:

Oh well
Because, the day before Thanksgiving and Black Friday. They plan ahead when they build them...lol They heard someone say... Build them, and they will come. Someone forgot to tel, them it only happens 2 days a year...
Old 09-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walmart same thing and only the self check ones are close to the main door.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Seems like almost every time I try the SCO something goes wonky and watching attendant has to come punch buttons to make it go. Or call someone else to make it go....so much for Self Check Out!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (148)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Walmart same thing and only the self check ones are close to the main door.
Now this is just me... maybe, but I will not pay full priced for my groceries, if I have to ring them up and bag them myself. They need to offer a discount since they are not paying an employee to do this for you. So No.. I do not use the self check out for that reason only.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Zorba
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pretty soon self-check will be the ONLY thing available - my local "Homeless Despot" has just done this. I hate it.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 PM
3JExplorer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Now this is just me... maybe, but I will not pay full priced for my groceries, if I have to ring them up and bag them myself. They need to offer a discount since they are not paying an employee to do this for you. So No.. I do not use the self check out for that reason only.
THIS!!! I wholeheartedly agree with this statement and I do the same.

At the DMV they have a self service kiosk to renew registration. They charge you an extra $3 to do it yourself..WTH??
Old 09-13-2019, 01:30 AM
JVStalin

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile Can I play , too ?

Never get in the same line as me . Somebody ahead of me cannot figure out to get her checkbook out of her purse BEFORE the total bill is ready ; he has five credit cards , but , all have been suspended ; all of her "cents off" coupons expired yesterday ; his kid keeps grabbing stuff off the shelves ; etc. , etc..
Old 09-13-2019, 01:46 AM
RalphM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like the checkout experience is much the same in the USA as it is in the UK,
we have Asda this is one of our biggest supermarkets this was bought a few years
back by Walmart, but near all are going the same way, Banks are going a step further
and are closing branches even hole in the wall cash machines are closing or are having
a charge imposed to withdraw money, trying to force people to go on line banking
and pay by plasti.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:20 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is why Amazon will become the Supreme Store!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:00 AM
karls42

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
my grocery store has 13 registers and NEVER more than 3 open, it gets to the point that people standing in line are actually blocking the aisles
Old 09-13-2019, 08:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post

I am glad I am not the only only that feels this way. I am retired if you want me to work you will have to pay dearly for it.
When thy get busy enough at the only open check out the girl running the self check out will pull people out of line and check them out at the self check. They found out it is easier to do that than re stock a whole shopping cart full of grocery's when some one leaves it and walks out.