Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a TCR22

I ordered a TCR22 from grabagun. With shipping it was a little over $280. I got the package, gun,sling, red dot and case. Picked it up last Friday at my LGS and cleaned it good. Took it out today and sighted in both the iron sights and the dot sight as well as another red/green dot sight I plan on using on it. At 50 yds I was keeping my shots on the 2 3/4' black target. It might do better with a scope on it, but for use in Steel Matches it will be fine. Ran over a hundred rounds through it and only had one FTF from Ruger 25 rd mag, which is better than that mag does in my 10/22. So far I am a happy shooter.

Pck
Old 08-28-2019, 08:59 AM
Sgtmeatsauce1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have o n e and love it. After several thousand rounds only my rear peep sight fell off. I use a scope and never noticed when it happened, but I usually shoot at only two benches at the range, so on a hunch I went to range and did find my sight. Since I use a scope I did not put it on. I "improved " the trigger, first with a spring kit then drop in trigger assembly. New recoil, buffer, extractor and bigger pull back thingie. Unfortunately all this cost and now I get FTE or FTE.....if trigger is good enough for you leave it alone....
Old 08-28-2019, 07:54 PM
rustic bob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Only thing i have done to mine is, a Wolf trigger spring and a scope, works for me. Enjoy your new rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for your feedback. I checked my trigger pull and it is right around 4 lbs. Depending on how things go I may send the trigger group to Brimstone for there upgrade. That way I keep the last round hold open.

Pck
Old 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
ironglow
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have about decided to go for a TCR22. Now, you guys know we like to "upgrade' our guns, so I'm asking a question of TCR owners..

Does an aftermarket bolt buffer, help the TCR, just as it does the 10/22?

Old 08-31-2019, 07:49 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How would the standard factory bolt stop pin in either gun hurt it? How would a replacement bolt stop pin help it?
Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 AM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The soft buffer cuts the sound of steel to steel contact. Plus having a softer buffer protects the aluminum receiver. After thousands of rounds, the steel buffer being hammered at least in the 10/22s, tended to "egg" out the holes it is mounted in.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:26 AM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wonder if there are any test results that indicate how many rounds of SV ammo need to be fired before any elongation of the bolt stop in hole begins to occur, ditto for how many rounds of HV ammo, and what the effect is on accuracy once the elongation begins to occur.

As for reducing the sound, I doubt I could hear that metal-to-metal contact over the sound of the round itself being fired; haven't heard it yet.

If I do any upgrades to mine, it would be the trigger. I had Brimstone work on my 10/22 trigger, and the T/C R22 trigger could definitely use some help.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:05 PM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I want any custom work done on mine, I will send it to my grandson, who is a very advanced gunsmith.

About 3 years ago, I built a full modified 10/22, and I had him modify my bolt and trigger.

Some of the modifications he did to the 10/22 bolt, are exactly what TC did to their 10/22 copy bolt.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took my R22 out again yesterday and ran it on the steel targets. I was shooting the cheap Federal bulk pack ammo and it shot good. I shot it with both my cheap Chinese red dot and the iron sights. I was faster with the red dot. I find the iron sights are too low for me to get a comfortable sight picture.

Ran most of my 10/22 mags through it. Ran about 300 rds through it. The 10 Rd ones worked good. The BMX 25s some times had a ftf. I've had more problems with the BMX 25s in my 10/22 than the R22 had, so that is an improvement.

The Sightmark red dot sight I ordered came in today and I will have to sight it in.

So far I find it works good for me. I eager to shoot it some more.

Pck
Old 09-21-2019, 11:36 AM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered myTCR22 from a just yesterday, I expect it to get it before next week is

out. Special package from what I understand, includes carry case and reflex sight.

Had to order now...for squirrel season.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:42 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is the same package I got. It's a pretty good deal. The red dot will work good on squirrels. I sent my trigger group off to Brimstone to be upgraded. I think for hunting you will find the stock trigger will be fine. Have fun with it.

Pck
Old 09-23-2019, 12:27 PM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Pck, I'll post again after I get it and get to the field with it !

Old 09-28-2019, 05:36 AM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I picked up my rifle, and I am pleased with basically everything about it.
However, as Pck said, the sights provided, may be a bit low for quick acquisition of the sight picture.

I will clean and oil it as well as run a mild abrasive through the bore (Puma metal polish) today, then try various speeds of ammo, to see which ones function well.

Later, zeroing scope or whatever sight I plan on using..

Old 09-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had my R22 out Wednesday and ran it on one of the Steel Challenge stages with both the green dot and iron sights. I was running pretty good with the dot sight, but no so good with the iron. I ended up taking the rear sight off and just using the grove in the picatinny rail for the back sight. This setup was much faster and accurate enough at the distance the targets are set. Definitely need to practice more.

Put a couple of hundred rounds through it using all the mags I have and only had one ftf using a BX25 mag.

The BX trigger group I put in while waiting for my R22 group to come back from Brimstone worked great. I did make the mistake of trying to use the R22 mag with the BX trigger and it jammed on every round.

Still happy.