Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:57 AM
VertFish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (48)

Friday afternoon arrival for Vert, Danny, Travis and a first-timer, sagerat22 from southern Oregon. Danny and I have the kidís gun and knife giveaway prize package locked down. Thanks to a last minute rally by Danny, we will once again have bacon-wrapped dove skewers on the grill for the Saturday night feast. We are planning on better weather this time. Gun selection and range time is planned for Tuesday-Thursday of this week when Danny and Sage get to my house for a little practice. We may try to poach a few of Patienceís porch squirrels when heís not looking.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:23 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VertFish View Post
Friday afternoon arrival for Vert, Danny, Travis and a first-timer, sagerat22 from southern Oregon. Danny and I have the kidís gun and knife giveaway prize package locked down. Thanks to a last minute rally by Danny, we will once again have bacon-wrapped dove skewers on the grill for the Saturday night feast. We are planning on better weather this time. Gun selection and range time is planned for Tuesday-Thursday of this week when Danny and Sage get to my house for a little practice. We may try to poach a few of Patienceís porch squirrels when heís not looking.
Tuesday - thursday I'll be on the porch smoking pork butts and sorting camping gear.. Come on down.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 AM
max503

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How crowded does it get down there?
Do you guys really hunt or just hang out?
Old 09-16-2019, 12:19 PM
JG26_Irish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shawnee

Dang it. As of today, it looks like I will not be able to make the trip to Shawnee. None of my worthless hunting buddies are willing or able to make the trip and my son needs to work Friday knocking him out. I am too old and beat up to want to trek that far alone. Top it off the old Trooper just sprung a leak in the tranny output shaft. I could swipe the wife's SUV but without a co-pilot that is just a no-go. Sorry Lads, I was lookin forward to setting up the "Irish Pub" in camp and serving a wee bit o'tha Mother's Milk to ya'all

If something changes and I can shanghai a warm body/co-pilot, I will let you know.

Irish

PS - On a more positive note, the local hunting has improved slightly as of last weekend. Went out one cool morning for bout 1.5 hrs only but saw about six and bagged a pair in short order with the 22. Had one crawl off though after a solid hit with std vel 22. I hate that. Looking to swap back to the 17's for the rest of the season.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:53 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by max503 View Post
How crowded does it get down there?
Do you guys really hunt or just hang out?
There's always room Max. Come on!!! Yeah, we hunt and we hang out. Some just hang out, but most hunt and hang out. Hunting is not required, but hanging out is.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:55 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish View Post
Dang it. As of today, it looks like I will not be able to make the trip to Shawnee.
Bummer! Get that taken care of Irish! Surely you can shame someone into coming with you.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:16 PM
ddwaite

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
yuengling

Any of you boys/girls coming from the east and might have access to Yuengling black and tan I would appreciate a 6-pack or two, three whatever. See you all at Shawnee. Hell, Sarge may even like it. Can't see thru it.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:44 PM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
You bet Sarge likes Yuengling black and tan!!!! I hope someone brings some of it.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:11 AM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Getting ready to head out. See ya'll soon!
Old 09-18-2019, 06:53 AM
MissedEm
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wish I could be there! Sent some Fat Squirrel - hope it gets there before being consumed ......
Old 09-18-2019, 07:28 AM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedEm View Post
Wish I could be there! Sent some Fat Squirrel - hope it gets there before being consumed ......
I hate you will miss this year. We missed you last year and will certainly miss you this year. Take care of yourself.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 AM
max503

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
There's always room Max. Come on!!! Yeah, we hunt and we hang out. Some just hang out, but most hunt and hang out. Hunting is not required, but hanging out is.
It sounds like fun. I may drive down Saturday night with my pup tent and 22 rifle. I live a couple hours away.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:23 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedEm View Post
Steve, It has been packed safely away and will be in route soon. Should arrive there Thursday or Friday via special messenger.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:35 PM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc243 View Post
Steve, It has been packed safely away and will be in route soon. Should arrive there Thursday or Friday via special messenger.
Watch Frank Buck.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:40 AM
Taff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All of you drive safely and have a great time, wish I was there but didn't work out this year.