Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:07 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB51
They found out it is easier to do that than re stock a whole shopping cart full of grocery's when some one leaves it and walks out.
HAH HAH HAH!!!

Thanks for that! You are the first person to give me a reason to go to the store on "Black Friday". This should be fun (for me).

Other than groceries, I seldom go to the store. These shops very, very seldom have anything I want. It seems I have to search on-line any time I need something, and then wait for it to come to my door.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:07 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JExplorer View Post
At the DMV they have a self service kiosk to renew registration. They charge you an extra $3 to do it yourself..WTH??
We pay extra for electronically filing of our yearly income taxes! What? WHAT?????
Old 09-13-2019, 09:25 AM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not me, like others here I don't play unless they pay. Just the way it is as long as I have a choice.

John
Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 AM
JHB51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
HAH HAH HAH!!!

Thanks for that! You are the first person to give me a reason to go to the store on "Black Friday". This should be fun (for me).

Other than groceries, I seldom go to the store. These shops very, very seldom have anything I want. It seems I have to search on-line any time I need something, and then wait for it to come to my door.
I m closer to the end than the beginning. My time is not theirs to waste. If I am going to waste time it will be on something I enjoy not so they can make more money.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:09 AM
tickridger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well that's pretty selfish of you wanting to deny the poor bankrupt corporation more profit.

John
Old 09-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I only use the self checkouts if I have a small quantity or big heavy items such as big bags of cat food or buckets of litter. Beats waiting in line, you can scan multiple large stuff fast, and no need for bagging. Or, why wait to buy a candy bar and a bottle of cola, bink bink insert card done. Self check out is terrible for a cartfull of groceries though unless you have a wife (or other partner, friend, mate, robot or whatever) along working as a team. Plus it does anger me having to do the job unpaid. They get rid of employees or pay less and make you do it yourself while charging the same prices, equals ripoff to me. Otherwise it's understandable that businesses try to keep the number of registers operating matched to the anticipated load, and like anything that takes a human judgement call, mistakes will happen. Management should be getting things right more often than not or they need replaced with someone who can.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
Never get in the same line as me . Somebody ahead of me cannot figure out to get her checkbook out of her purse BEFORE the total bill is ready ; he has five credit cards , but , all have been suspended ; all of her "cents off" coupons expired yesterday ; his kid keeps grabbing stuff off the shelves ; etc. , etc..
Hmmm, you been following me???
Old 09-13-2019, 04:10 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
WalMart Bashing in another thread made be copy this quote from TooMany22s

"This is why Amazon will become the Supreme Store"

Sorry but currently WalMart does more e-commerce business than Amazon....

Most folks do not know Amazon is mostly a third party distributor...and truth is so is WalMart 0nline....

Amazon's big bucks come from their Web services
Old 09-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Mr GAP
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Walmart same thing and only the self check ones are close to the main door.
I thought the self-check was the mirror department
Old 09-13-2019, 06:54 PM
mushka
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here in Yuma there are some things I want to purchase that just are not available here at a reasonable cost, or just not available. I buy stuff on line a lot. They say support local businesses but the businesses aren't providing.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I go to the local Quick Trip occasionally in the morn for a cup of coffee. They have 4 registers and usually each one in manned with a customer with a customer to the right and left of the register. Usually donít see this at other retailers.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:34 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another exception is In and Out Burger. We donít have them in state but go to them when Iím out west. They are one of the best run fast food restaurants with in my opinion the best fast food burger and fries. (Double Double Animal Style with fries. Some folks will know)
Old 09-13-2019, 08:42 PM
Zorba
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I do not understand the In-N-Out mania. Its not bad, but its just not good either. Its county fair or racetrack food, nothing at all special.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushka View Post
Here in Yuma there are some things I want to purchase that just are not available here at a reasonable cost, or just not available. I buy stuff on line a lot. They say support local businesses but the businesses aren't providing.

Plus, saves you from having to get out in the blazing heat and running all over town trying to find something.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate the idea of the self-check outs but the lines at malwart are always at 6+ full carts, that's their plan, we're being trained like sheep.

I know a lot of you are around my age. Remember when a high school kid at McDs (and all restaurants) cleared the tables??
How old were you when you had to learn to pump your own gas?

So at WM I go to the self checkouts but always get a clerk to help me..."Oh, can you show me how to do this??" Then I let them run the whole cart for me while I tell them about the good old days and how self checkouts will put cashiers out of work. They may get laid off tomorrow.

Walmart Corporate says that they have to lower costs because that is what the public is demanding. But my 90-year-old Mom didn't like pumping gas or bagging groceries.