Do you throw out your old mags? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:34 AM
farrlarr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I donate mine to the local veteran's home. The staff in the office where I drop them off seem very appreciative, and I assume the veterans are as well.

"A man has to know his limitations."
Old 08-17-2019, 09:17 AM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
have several thousand filed away + boxed - complete American rifleman starting in 1960 , plus some going back to the 30's - any market for these / - getting older + time to dispose of my many accumulations -
Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I use to save them in cardboard boxes going back some 30 years. They stayed in a box in the basement until I moved. They all went into the recycling bin!

I got to thinking, why am I saving these darn things? Answer....no good reason!

R
Old 08-17-2019, 10:44 AM
NIB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
I use to subscribe to many of the magazines back in the day, but now subscribe to only one (The Backwoodsman). I've kept nearly all of the late 1970's - 1980's G&A - Shooting Times - Peterson's Hunting - Guns - Outdoor Life - Sports Afield - Field and Stream and refer to them pretty often. To tell the truth, its the ads of the time which are gold.

I've donated some, but the vast majority I've kept.
Without a doubt those adds are golden and should be kept by someone forever. I had 1970's Outdoor Life/Field & Stream which unfortunately got moldy from being in a basement. I reluctantly threw them out.

This forum contains some valuable information as well. I personally believe this forum should "LOCK" all pictures submitted so they will never be lost again!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Only those issues with articles on a firearm I own, or articles written by the likes of Skeeter Skelton, Michael McIntosh, etc...
Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovannes View Post
Only those issues with articles on a firearm I own, or articles written by the likes of Skeeter Skelton, Michael McIntosh, etc...
Yes to the above. My Brother and I have referred to these older gun reviews which were more in depth then the current feedback from older firearms. Many models now long discontinued but can still be searched for on line - good 'memory poker' .
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
have several thousand filed away + boxed - complete American rifleman starting in 1960 , plus some going back to the 30's
A library!!
Perhaps reading em all over again from the beginning would be an interesting trip of comparison of today's magazines and info wherein.