LGS find today - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:17 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking LGS find today

and it is in layaway now. SEARS .22 pump mdl 35, about 80% condition. $200.00.receiver in very good condition, wood decent but can use a refinish, that WILL come later . nice walnut with white line spacers on butt plate AND pistol grip cap, with high monte carlo comb. silver engravable plate on butt stock. metal decent ,no noticeable rust, but over all needs some TLC. bore is shiny and new looking! nice pump action, when I spotted it in the sales rack I thought at first it was a Remington 572 pump, they look a lot alike.i have NEVER seen one of these before, I cant find a lot of info on either the sears mdl 35 or its high standard equal, the sport king P-1011. does any one out there know any info about these nice .22 pumps? looks like it was kind of a "deluxe" model. I could not find a serial number, and I forgot to look for the Sears part number on the barrel. looks like maybe the 1960s, but made how long? easy take down, one pin and trigger group drops out. I may have paid a little too much, but I am a sucker for any vintage .22 pump. I hope some one can tell me something about my new pump family member!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:21 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Unhappy WOW

this .22 pump must be "rarer" than I thought, a bunch of views and not one person has any comments about it. very interesting!! LOL the search goes on.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM
chicharrones
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm not familiar with that gun, so thread bump!
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM
fpgt72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These are what I have been looking at lately, not your specific model but all the guns sold at places like Sears, Western Auto and the like that rebranded "main stream" rifles with their "house" names.

I think they are one of the last areas that has not been gone nutz by collectors.

Makes me wish I bought that green nylon 66 a few years ago for $200 that still had the sticker on the stock.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpgt72 View Post
These are what I have been looking at lately, not your specific model but all the guns sold at places like Sears, Western Auto and the like that rebranded "main stream" rifles with their "house" names.

I think they are one of the last areas that has not been gone nutz by collectors.

Makes me wish I bought that green nylon 66 a few years ago for $200 that still had the sticker on the stock.
the "store branded" guns ARE a true value, you don't pay for a "name brand"! I think this mdl 35 branded SEARS is different, I have seen some ted Williams and a lot of jc Higgins guns, but this is the first SEARS I have run across. I love researching vintage guns I find, it is neat to know their history. I was able to find some copies of parts lists on google. I am still trying to figure out the difference, if ANY, between the high standard P100 and P-1011 pumps, they appear to be the same gun. you missed it when you passed on the senaca green 66 for 200.!!
Old 04-17-2017, 02:15 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As already stated, there were a number of guns that were made and rebranded for Sears and Montgomery Ward stores. The best way to find out who actually made your gun (Sears didn't) is to post a few good pics for us to look at.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:47 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
oh ,i know who made it for SEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump .22s View Post
As already stated, there were a number of guns that were made and rebranded for Sears and Montgomery Ward stores. The best way to find out who actually made your gun (Sears didn't) is to post a few good pics for us to look at.
high standard did, as far as I can tell it is the HS P-1011 .22 pump, branded as a SEARS mdl 35. I am trying to discover when it was made. it is in layaway right now so I cant examine it for numbers, etc.later on that, next time I go by my LGS, it is only 3 miles from home.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:09 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oooops....didn't read your post closely enough, but I was thinking High Standard.

Congrats on getting the gun.....hope it turns out great....
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
so mosberg , histandard , remington , winchester and most other big names made the 'house brand' firearms for sears , western auto , coast to coast and a lot of other smaller hardware store outlets , if you seek it out there are conversions of those numbers to the proprietary big name models , i have owned a few over the years , some of them had exceptional wood all were equal to the namesake quality ,

you will be happy with this - sorry i cannot add any model info or pricing confirmation , we all buy what we like at the price we are willing to pay - i think if you are happy enough said ,
Old 04-27-2017, 09:49 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs up Sears mdl 35

first range trip today and I AM a HAPPY camper! very accurate, performed excellent, seems to really like Aguila LR std velo. I had some of this ammo that ftf, some of them second strike fired and some did not. I probably had a 10% failure rate , 5-6 out of one 50 rd box. I bought a brick so I hope this is not a trend! gun dates oct 1964 so I think it is actually a high standard P-100 instead of a P-1011. really the same gun, just produced at different times. it is a good shooting rifle, now starts the clean up, frontier 45 and oil on the barrel, refinishing the wood and adding the new white line butt/grip cap spacers I got from numrich. another pump in my collection, total now, 6 pumps.life IS good! it is such a good feeling when a used but new to me rifle performs well, you just never know what you bought until your run it through its paces.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:16 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
great - i thought you would be , these are fine rifles made every bit the same as the name brand in quality , there are a couple im looking for actually ,
Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
I found this reference on hoosier gun works :

Sears 102.35 Savage M521
Sears 102.35 Savage M-29-D2

It may, or may not, help
Old 05-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Pete44ru
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
86% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post

it is the HS P-1011 .22 pump, branded as a SEARS mdl 35.

I am trying to discover when it was made.

Your Sear-branded High Standard Sport King was produced from 1966 to 1971.

Guns made prior to 1968 weren't required to have a SN stamped on them, so the fact that it has, or doesn't have a SN, would narrow down the DOM to either 1966 & 1967, or 1968-71.

IIRC, Sears stopped selling firearms in 1973.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:00 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete44ru View Post
Your Sear-branded High Standard Sport King was produced from 1966 to 1971.

Guns made prior to 1968 weren't required to have a SN stamped on them, so the fact that it has, or doesn't have a SN, would narrow down the DOM to either 1966 & 1967, or 1968-71.

IIRC, Sears stopped selling firearms in 1973.

I finally narrowed it down to OCT 1964 by barrel code, JH. it is a HS p-100 I learned , not the p-1011. performed excellently at its first range session. now on to removing the wood and getting busy with a strip and refinish with BLO. metal and receiver are very good.