Fas 6004 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Ray1946
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fas 6004

I have admired what I have seen of this pistol and the original 604 for some time. About 8 or 9 years ago I tried to find a FAS 604, but could not locate one anywhere.
Recently I read about Chiappa being the new US distributor. A call the other day to AOA and I was told they were sold out, but there would be more in 6 to 8 weeks.

What I would really like to know; has anyone here actually fired this new air pistol? What kind of pellets did you use and what was the velocity? I ask about the velocity because when we have our weekly airgun shoot in my friends basement, the really low-powered guns seem to tear the holes pretty badly, making them very hard to score. I thinking of better ways to support the target for cleaner holes.

I seem to remember reading several years ago, I think in the Shooters Bible that the velocity was on the order of about 360 fps. .................................
Old 02-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The FAS 604 has a MV of about 400fps, which is likely achieved with 7-ish grain pellets. The new, mass produced FAS 6004 is unlikely to be any more powerful. As a paper target shooting air pistol it really doesn't have to be. There are more details about the FAS 6004 here: http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/...essed-air-gun/

To shoot cleaner holes, use wad cutter pellets. Tape your targets to a cardboard backing. If you're using photocopier paper, it's not easy to avoid tearing.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bought the FAS 6004....Love it!!!...pics

I bought the standard model, and the grip has to be the most comfortable factory grip I have ever owned. I have medium/large hands and it feels like they were made for me. Very impressed.. My son is a lefty and these are ambidextrous as well. I own a FWB 65 and they are really two very different pistols. The FWB is longer, stronger (about 450-475 fps) and has a Match grip. The FAS 6004 is lighter, points like a 45 Auto (with a little more angle, of course), match trigger, has great sights and being a SSP, has almost no felt recoil. It shoots 7 gr. Hobby's & R10's consistently around 375 fps. I keep both together because they are so different and very fun to shoot. I think I paid $388.00 for the FAS 6004 and have zero regrets. Its built like a tank with no plastic on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2015, 08:37 PM
PicketWire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I'm very interested in getting the FAS 6004 and have got a question or two for you if you would be so kind as to comment.

First, my FWB 90 "snorts" relatively quietly, the Izzy is a soft pop, and the Beeman P3 is a louder pop, perhaps even louder than the Rohm Twinmaster Allrounder PCP. How would you rate the muzzle report of the FAS 6004 as compared to your FWB 65? Sure, they are all "quiet" by powder standards, but I'm a little concerned about attracting the neighbor's attention so would like any comparison you might have between the FAS and Model 65.

Second, your photo shows the FAS is larger than I might have imagined. Does it feel large while shooting? I love the feel of the FWB 90 but its a little muzzle heavy, the Izzy is way too heavy, and the Twinmaster is "just right". You said the FAS is similar to a .45? Any additional feedback about handling/balance would be welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by PicketWire; 06-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well, the FWB 65 is a much faster pistol, shooting around 475 or so, and as such has a strong "pop" as well as a slight spring twang. Even after I installed a new spring & Black Tarred it. It is noticeably louder than the slower (375 fps ) FAS 6004, which has no "twang", rather a mild "pop". To answer your first question, I would think this FAS will be a very neighbor-friendly pistol.

To address your second question, I don't know what shooting experience you have, but I have been shooting 1911 pistols either for carry, plinking, or in local Tournaments since the 1980's. (hence my handle)..The feel of the FAS just was second nature for me. Actually, the frame/grip has a less severe rake angle which I find very comfortable (see pic below). The FAS weighs in at 2 lbs, 2 ozs. While the full-sized 5" Colt 45 Auto weighs 2 lbs. 11 oz with a full mag. As mentioned the FAS has a VERY comfortable grip that really helps your hold and has a generous/large rear sight blade. It might not be as streamlined as a USGI 45 auto , but also it doesn't feel overly large while shooting, as it weighs less than a .45 auto.

The Izzy is a humongous pistol and I'm not a fan of the under-lever design. The FWB 65 side cocking lever is very positive and shoots as hard & as accurate without the bulk and has a better grip, in my opinion. Couple that with the stellar reputation its enjoyed over the years and that sealed it for me, so that was the impetus for my getting the FWB. The FAS 6004 was just a gamble I took after reading some very positive reviews on it, and truth be told I'm glad I bought it, as it has proved to be an accurate, fun pistol.. I brought it along on an Adirondack Deer hunting trip last year and during some down time we set up some old wine corks on a distant log. What fun we had just plinking those corks. Young & old shooters were trying their hand and making some great shots. The guys still talk about it.. No CO2, air tanks, or pumps, etc...Just grab a tin of quality pellets and have at it. This FAS is accurate, and truthfully, inaccurate guns bore & frustrate me. Here's how I rationalized it: There aren't many quality air pistols out there that are all walnut & steel and offer match-grade accuracy for $388.00, right? I say go for it..you won't be sorry.

Last edited by 1911; 06-09-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: pics added
Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM
PicketWire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks 1911 for the response and comparison photos!

Iíve been a recreational shooting enthusiast for the past 45 years or so and have accumulated a wide variety of power burning handguns. No interest in competition, just shooting for fun, try to get to the local indoor range at least once a week.

Over that same time frame Iíve not yet found anything that really fills the niche of a fun to shoot, accurate, well balanced airgun which handles in a similar fashion to a powderburner other than the Allrounder. The only complaint I have with it is the muzzle report.

I have the day off tomorrow, think Iíll pay AOA a visit and see if they have an FAS in stock. Thanks again!
Old 07-02-2015, 03:19 AM
VictorLouis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've fondled one twice now, at AoA also. I WANT one, LOL. It just reeks of that Euro-quality build, for one. I agree with all that 1911 posted. The standard, ambi grip is outstanding. That's coming from a guy with BHP, 1911A1, or K-frame w/Hogues type of hands, LOL.

I have the Marksman 2004 clone of Beeman's black plastic overlever cocker. That's an astounding value, all it's own. Same power plant is my point, and I think the FAS comes in a bit quieter, both dry-fired(safe w/these). VERY, very neighbor friendly.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:53 PM
jcwit
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now available at AirGun Depot.

http://www.airgundepot.com/competition-air-pistols.html
Old 11-14-2015, 02:43 PM
thedonn007

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is there anyway to mount a red dot to the air pistol?
Old 11-14-2015, 10:55 PM
PicketWire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Unfortunately, there is no factory designed in provision to mount an optic.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 AM
thedonn007

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicketWire View Post
Unfortunately, there is no factory designed in provision to mount an optic.
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will stick with my Daisy 747 for now.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Gwelo

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Chrono?

Has anyone chronoed the FAS? Would be interested in real world results as published reports often tend to be overstated.

1911, a chrono comparison of the FWB vs the FAS would be interesting.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:16 PM
PicketWire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
7.0gr RWS Diabolo Basic. PACT Model 1 chronograph, average of 5 shots
334fps FAS 6004
373fps Beeman P3
361fps Beeman P17
393fps Rohm Twinmaster
446fps IZH-46M
460fps Feinwerkbau Model 90
Old 01-20-2017, 05:26 AM
tbp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red Dot Mount

FYI, BME makes a Red Dot mount for the FAS 604/6004.

Any updates on how your FAS is doing?

Thanking of buying one.

TBP
Old 01-20-2017, 05:01 PM
mparker
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)