Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:28 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Reloading equipment

What’s the 1 piece of equipment that you think is the most cost worthy or list a couple

Mine are
1 Digital scale, mine is a lab scale that goes up to 30,000 grains, measure in several different standards, $50 at local pawn shop.
2 Powder Measure, a Harrel’s I sure enjoy this one, makes loading easy once you find that sweet load.
3 Press, I broke down and bought a Redding UltraMag, love it, also Redding dies are top notch as well

Clint
Old 03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Tenspot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tenspot
1. I think my Midway digital scale was a great investment.

2. Probably the Lyman outside neck turner that adapts to their heavier case trimmer. Outside neck turning was big eye opener....

3. Tough, but a chrony really helps you see where you at relative to all the different book data.....
Old 03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Geezer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A few things come to mind here:
For quantity pistol ammo, it's hard to beat a Dillon setup; I've got a 550B with a bunch of toolheads and three measures.
For my cast bullets in .30 caliber rifles, the Redding necksizer dies with inserts are great.
A Wilson trimmer I bought 40 years ago is still better than the other two I tried more recently.
I'm also very fond of my digital caliper and digital powder scale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2004, 10:02 PM
snooker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A few years back I purchased a Pact digital scale & electronic powder dispenser. It took a long time for me to trust it, over my old lyman powder scale. You know, that fear of this new fangled electronic stuff!
It works very well. I hear they are offering an upgrade for these to speed up the dispense time.
A chronograph is certainly a tool that can dispell some of the tales your buddy's tell you about their "special" loads. sk:
Old 03-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Si6

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hand primer.. rcbs hand primer tool..fool proff and easy to use and you cant go wrong seatin primers with it
Old 03-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Tenspot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tenspot
Tony,

Good one on the priming tool, I have always had one, so do not appreciate enough the ease they bring to reloading
Old 03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
cheatermk3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have to vote for the Lee auto-prime. They're inexpensive,fast, and give a good feel to seating the primer. They wear out after about 5-10,000 rounds but for $9.95 they work for me.

I can't realy say what has been the most cost-effective tool I've bought; maybe the Forster neck-turning tools; but the one that got me to the finest accuracy is without a doubt the RCBS concentricity gauge. When it comes to accuracy, straight, square, plumb and consistent is a lot of what you're after. You'd be amazed how much runout there can be in a freshly sized case...

Last edited by cheatermk3; 03-17-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:37 PM
amax155

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Chrony has been the best thing in taking out all of the guess work. It also helps with my Sierra Infinity program.