Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 PM
losingnemo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hot lips?

I just picked up a 25 round Butler Creek hot lips mag new in the raper at a gun show today. Upon further review it seems kinda cheesy but hopfully tomorow it will work at the range with out any problems. Does anyone else use these. I payed 54 bucks for it. Is this good or bad? Guesse I'll find out tomorow.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Rimfire Junkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BC made the best hi caps on the market. The hot lips are good, and the steel lips are best. You wont be disappointed. What you paid is within the average national selling price.

However, if the AWB sunsets this fall, it'll be worth about 20 bucks.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
losingnemo>
Good New/Bad News!

As RJ said they're the best aftermarket you can use...other than their steel lips version. I've used one for over 10 years..it's great. However you must clean them occassionally with hot water a dish soap with the aid of a toothbrush! Hot water! Air dry or compressed air! Take care of it..it'll last a long time!

Yep if the law sunsets these guys could be back to the price I originally bought mine for in a closeout bin at a FOOD STORE!....$7.00

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2004, 06:41 AM
SelfishSelfless

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to SelfishSelfless
https://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...threadid=50792

I would read this, and THEN ask yourself how cheesy a Butler Creek magazine can be.

Sammy
Old 02-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Rimfire Junkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SelfishSelfless
https://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...threadid=50792

I would read this, and THEN ask yourself how cheesy a Butler Creek magazine can be.

Sammy
Old 02-08-2004, 12:31 PM
losingnemo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got back from the range. The mag worked well so I'm happy with that. I'll just try and take the best care of it as I can. If it works good over a period of time maybe I shell out some more money for another.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:51 PM
walesdave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
About the only good thing I can think of about being a shooter in the UK- no mag capacity laws!

Bought a 25 rd steel-lips at my gun club recently for about $15.

Truely the ONLY good thing about the UK (apart from the weather ).
Old 02-10-2004, 04:00 PM
GoldWing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
just got 2 30rd clips made by ramline, used, $15 Cdn each. An awful lot cheaper than new BC stuff and so far they work very well. Had to get a hotlips loader to load them as the athritis and carpal tunnel gang up on me now and then. Not saying they are any better clips, but they were affordable and they do serve the purpose.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:15 PM
GoldWing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Max Mike, will keep an eye on the lips for cracks, maybe some one in the house will get me steel lips for my Birthday, ( just a hint to other people in the room who read what I say).