Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Monkeyzero

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoracer View Post
Nice setup but you need to get the front ring of the scope off the handguard. The handguard flexes a lot and if you put any pressure on the stock like shooting off a rest it will throw the POI of the scope off. The scope will actually reduce the flex some mounted that way but it won't eliminate it.
It's not actually touching. The lens cover is on there in the pic and that doesn't even touch. Point of view in the pic makes it look deceiving.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Monkeyzero

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nevermind. I get what you're saying now. Unfortunately the eye relief doesn't allow it to move back any further and get a proper hold.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Monkeyzero

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the scope because of the extra long eye relief but had no idea about what you mentioned. Good tip.
I shoot freehand almost exclusively though so I guess it won't hurt for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 PM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That is what the adjustable stock is for. The AR is not made to use a standard angle grip when the stock is fully collapsed or it will develop a crik in your wrist. My own 15-22 used a fully collapsed Magpul Fixed Carbine stock because I have the red dot out as far as it will go on the end of the receiver for steel competition. But even that required a different grip so I replaced my usual Ergo grip with a more vertical one from Umbrella Corp. (don't you just love a company that named itself after the bad guys in Resident Evil). Anyway normally you set the scope up on an AR so the rear bell is about even with the charging handle (does not apply to red dot scopes). That puts the stock about position 3 or 4. then there is plenty of room to pull the charging handle without hitting your head with that hand and you can keep your head looking thru the scope, with or without glasses. But hey do whatever you feel like. That is the way of the AR and its clones.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Eagle71
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Swiss camo, I like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJeep View Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Fat-N-Lazy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Performance Center model, few after market do dads, even found a flash hider that's fluted to match the barrel. Optics are a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR w/Nikon mount.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 PM
MrCoffee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How did you get the green lettering on the finish? I've never seen a 15-22 like that.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Fat-N-Lazy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
How did you get the green lettering on the finish? I've never seen a 15-22 like that.
Thanks ! Being different yet some-what subtle was my goal.
I watched on couple of videos on YouTube on "letter filling" and used some flat lacquer based model paint and wiped excess off with Hopps Bore Cleaner and patches. Super easy.

This should get you started
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lling+firearms
Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 AM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I had been wanting to get an M&P 15-22 for some time now, and I finally did. My plans for this rifle hit a bump in the road when I saw the video review by Nutnfancy posted earlier in this thread - the accuracy performance of the rifles he reviewed was terrible! Fortunately, several of you RFC'ers posted back to reassure me that his results were not typical. Thanks for that.

I've had my rifle now for a couple of weeks. The first several times to the range were really just goofing off, runnin' & gunnin', shooting steel plates, that kind of thing. Just trying to get comfy with the new rifle. No serious accuracy work. Not even semi-serious. Because...

...I was having horrible reliability issues: FTE's, cases getting stuck back in the action, one case even fell into the trigger group and I had to break the rifle apart to get it out. This past Saturday was the worst - even with mini-mags, I was getting a jam of some kind every 2-3 shots. No bueno.

So Sunday afternoon, I hunted around on the interweb for "what to do" and came up with a few ideas. I disassembled the bolt, removed/cleaned/reinstalled the extractor, polished the bolt rails with Flitz, filed off the little burrs on the tips of the bolt rails, and re-aligned the ejector (which I think was the real culprit, as it seemed to be too low relative to the bore). Back out to the range and SHAZAM! She's running 100%!!

Now to really zero it in. This was a quick process. First five-shot group at 50 yards was an even 2.0" c-to-c and not too far from point of aim. Quick adjustment, and the second five-shot group was centered and measured 1.2". Then I fired a 10-shot group for confirmation, which was centered and measured 2.1". Ammo used was Norma Tac-22. I am well-pleased with that level of accuracy for this rifle and its purpose. If I need greater precision, I have plenty of other choices in the safe.

Oh, I should mention, the above accuracy was using a Primary Arms red dot. No magnification.

Here is a snapshot of my new M&P 15-22 with its bigger brother:

And a view from the other side:

Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 PM
bgdv1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2015, 08:41 AM
bgdv1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took barrel shroud off and put my Coastal Hornet on. Ran flawless with subsonic ammo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM
MarkCZ455
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New here glad to be here had my M&P15-22 for about 3 weeks now. Bought her used an good condition for $325 out the door. She has the threaded barrel, had no sights on her when bought her. She was just plan. I brought her home broke her down and gave her the cleaning of her life as she did need it.

Next I knew what I want her to ware to the prom so I started to dress her up. Now.that she is.all dressed up I will do.some small mods to her, trigger springs or a new trigger and small amount of polish. Those are the most common things I have read that is done to improve the M&P15-22 performance. Any input on this would be great. But not going to spending $600 on triggers and parts.

Below are some photo of her and her family. Also some photos of 22LR pile ammo love!! Ammo that is missing, but is in route is 300 rounds of Winchester Power Point 42 max and 2 300 rounds packs of Xmas special edition standard velocity.

Matching her to the rest of the family in stainless and black.

"22LR Goodness"
M&P15-22 and Ruger 22/45 Lite. Not pictured is my CZ 455 Varmint Evolution that is on its way to complete the 22LR gang.

Picture of the M&P15-22 and 22/45 Lite with ammo

Here is a photo of the family together

Smith & Wesson M&P15-22
Smith & Wesson SD40VE
Ruger 22/45 Lite
Sccy CPX-1

Old 10-30-2015, 01:49 PM
HDHNTER
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451522760.734386.jpg

New carbon fiber hand guard and muzzle break. Super fast, super light, and zero muzzle rise!
Old 12-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
Attachment 8986

New carbon fiber hand guard and muzzle break. Super fast, super light, and zero muzzle rise!
Nice looking hand guard, it has a much more finished look than my Taccom hand guard. Who made it and what muzzle brake and barrel nut?

Nolan