Martini picture thread - - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
hhguntech22
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Martini picture thread -

A modest proposal: We need a picture thread for images of various Martini rifles! Most of the RFC rifle threads have a well-populated picture thread that has become a sticky thread; it stays up front for easy viewing. So many great Martini pictures have been posted and then subsequently buried by the weight of new threads. So, to all Martini owners and shooters - post your Martini images here.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 PM
sbowers5
US Navy Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ok here are mine. The top one is a W.W.Greener take down model with a winchester 52 22lr barrel and a fecker 12 power scope and i just recently changed the stock and forarm. The second is my martini 12/15 all original with matching serials on all parts and the proper parker hale front and rear sight, both rifles shoot with all the accuracy anyone could ask for.

Steve

Last edited by sbowers5; 10-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Please guys! Include a bit of description. Make, model, caliber, standard or custom, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
hhguntech22
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BSA Martini International Mark IV (ISU model)

A few pix of my BSA International Mark IV, acquired in 2010 in Virginia, for target shooting. Heavy barrel, Martini underlever, single-shot action, 22LR. Made in Birmingham, England, in 1971, by the barrel proof marks. Same serial number on action and barrel. London-made Parker-Hale iron sights; factory sights were PH25C on receiver, and PH1 foresight, but I chose an adjustable aperture PH25E for the rcvr sight. Total weight, about 11 lbs. Nice light, crisp adjustable trigger. Fun to shoot, feels solid and steady; it prefers Wolf ME and Eley ammo.
All the accuracy that I could want (200/200,-18X in 8/2012). In current use for monthly RFC 50 yard, iron sight, bench rest matches.
* Search on "Historic Arms Resource Center" English website, for details on BSA Martini rifles; HARC covers most English rifles in detail, with good illustrations.

Third photo, below, is an Anschutz 1411, with the BSA Int'l Mark IV, taken on my back deck at home in VA. They seem to get along quite well.

Fourth photo, below, is the BSA Mk IV set up for action at the range near Warrenton, VA. The Bushnell spotting scope, at left, has seen 30 years of service.

-- hhguns --

Last edited by hhguntech22; 02-20-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: adding details, pictures, updates.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 PM
hotbarrelsnz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's two of mine.

I'm no expert on the models etc, I just like using the martini action for hunting.

The timber stocked one is a .22LR, fitted with a Leupold 2-7 V1 and a custom suppressor. It has had a custom stock made at some point, and the timber used in the stock and the fore end are from different sources, so the colour doesn't match too well, but she is a little honey to shoot. The local rabbit population don't like her.

The one with the black stock, I had this converted to .17HMR by fitting a Redmens barrel liner. When I purchased it, it was in .22MAG. Again, someone had made up a custom stock out of a New Zealand hardwood which was mis-matched. I decided to modify the stock shape to better suit my needs, and then coated the stock using a Rhino bed liner two pot epoxy with a textured finish. I can really recommend this product. It is very hard wearing, and after +2 years hunting, there is no sign of degradation on the finish.
The rifle is fitted with a Burris Black Diamond 4-16, and pretty much wears the bi-pod as a permanent fixture. She will shoot 1/2" to 3/4" groups at 100m all day long. This gun has accounted for many many rabbits, none of which knew what was coming.

Last edited by Sophia; 05-04-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: removed gory photo
Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
afret20
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's mine, a basic 12/15

Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Here are two of my three, the other one is a 12/15

My nicest Martini so far; a M7 "Special" or "Superb" depending on which BSA ad you look at. It has European walnut, a horn fore-end tip and most metal components have some sort of engraving including the buttplate. My flash makes it look like there are scratches in the receiver, but they are not visible in regular light.

A Canadian trainer (M13?). Sorry for the poor photography; it was taken by someone else. I have since upgraded the wood with a better original Canadian trainer set.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 10-07-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
M14man
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hhgun tech, the MKlV should not weigh that much. Does it say MKlV or ISU?
Sounds like a MKV
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Bsa

It looks like an ISU, light barrel, no blocks.

bjm
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 PM
oldschool1

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
well....its not much....yet.......looking forward to having time to piddle around on it.....1925 vickers ltd. mk3 match rifle.......with a PARKERIFLED bbl liner installed way back in the day...thats what caught my eye and made me buy it......filthy as a pig...weak spring...lots of light hits and failure to fire...one good screw holding sight on.....and a factory 13.5 inch pull with about a 4 pound trigger..........it still wants to shoot..........this one is gonna be fun to work with......may drill n tap for my lyman supertargetspot 30 power......all matching numbers....even the stock.......only thing missing was the cocking indicator.......numerichs had one from a cadet that dropped right in with no fuss......

Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Onearm

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Previous Martini Picture Thread

Look for the thread Show Us Your Martini. There are 94 responses since the thread was started in January 2010.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good thread. Here's my Mk III in full dress. Bought it from Bob Adams several months ago. BSA 32X scope. 10 ounce trigger. Tight groups at 50 yards -- Eley Tenex ammo. Tenex seems to be the ammo for this rifle. At 38 cents a round it ought to be good.

Last edited by Mac-man; 04-18-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Onearm

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
Good thread. Here's my Mk III in full dress. Bought it from Bob Adams several months ago. BSA 32X scope. 10 ounce trigger. Tight groups at 50 yards -- Eley Tenex ammo. Tenex seems to be the ammo for this rifle. At 38 cents a round it aught to be good.
I was given a box of Tenex but I refuse to even try it. Like an addict, I am afraid I will be unable to stop. I soothed my nerves by buying a case of Eley Match.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice collection, Dave. The first guys here never have a chance. :•)
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 AM
manxteddy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is my Mark V and two coverts owned by a friend one in .303British and the other in .22lr.

The military rifles have horrendour trigger pull weights paricuarly the .303 !

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...y/100_0316.jpg

Graham