Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
JimInNEPA
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Marlin 25 parts?

I have been helping to clean out my girlfriend's basement since we are moving and we found 2 rimfire rifles: a Ranger 103 which is completely intact and in working order, and a Marlin 25. The Marlin has no magazine and is missing the complete bolt assembly.

I thought they would make good refinishing projects and I could give them to my nephews when complete. Does anyone know where to look for a complete bolt assembly?

-jd
Old 08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
wtb22hp
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try Numrich, large parts selection for many brands on line. To replace a complete bolt you will probably need gunsmithing services due to head space issues.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Dr. Dan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bolt

At this time there are none to be found.......... I have been looking and calling for about two months. I just need the rear bolt. There is a complete bolt on GB for 75.00. I am looking for a cheap rifle to get the part i need....

Good Luck, Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM
mals9
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
CDNN Sports has magazines for reasonable prices.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 PM
edwincito112002
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Midway usa sorry they discontinued it.I bought some before a few months ago.

Last edited by edwincito112002; 08-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Crackez

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 25 mags

I was able to find the old style model 25 magazine at my local sporting goods store, French Creek Outfitters. I picked one up about 8 weeks ago.

I tried searching their online store for the item, but it really sucks.

Maybe you can find one at a local store though? I believe I've seen one, possibly at Hallstead sporting goods (is that place still open?)

I can't remember if I saw one at Montrose Sporting Goods... I've seen them at various Dick's Sporting Goods from time to time.

Don't know where you're at, NEPA is big area.

BTW, if you ever get that 25 shooting, you're going to love it.

Also, I believe you can look for a glenfield 25 bolt as well. My dad had a Glenfield 25 and I have my Marlin 25, and we tried it once. Didn't try to fire, but they seemed to be interchangeable. The engagement surfaces on the bolt were identical, except the Glenfield wasn't as nicely finished. The only difference was the external striker shape on the glenfield was simpler than the marlin. Makes no functional impact that we could tell. Oh, the magazines were definitely interchangeable, we tried that, and they worked fine in either rifle.

Best of luck.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
JimInNEPA
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It makes me sick because the rifle was a really cool find; who stores the bolt out of the gun in a totally separate location?

I struck out at Numrich also, but I still have to try Jack First. Also there is a local gun show coming up in two weeks and I can look there.