981 Question? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
981 Question? Stock & Trigger Sold!



Log in to see fewer ads
I've decided to sell the Walnut stock and the Rifle Basix trigger off my 981T. I've had very little interest from carolinashootersforum.com. Is there any interest on this site for the stock and/or trigger?

Last edited by powwowell; 09-06-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
mattbroj
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Jul 2011
Location: 
Graham NC
Posts: 
363
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
i might be interested, what are you looking for for the both of them?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM
hi_pointy

Join Date: 
Nov 2009
Posts: 
74
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
pics of the stock?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 08-07-2011, 04:53 PM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The stock comes with pad, trigger guard, Marlin Bullseye and QD swivels. The stock has been inletted, stained and sealed to fit a 981 with the Marlin 900 series trigger. Matching Phillips actions screws. The stock is like new, no blemishes.

The Rifle Basix trigger is labled MAR-917. The trigger is silver. Besides the 981, it fits Marlin 915, 917, 925, 980, 982 and 983 rifles. It comes with the original packaging and instructions. Midways current price for the trigger is $94.99.











I'm asking $50 for the stock and screws, shipped.

The Rifle Basix trigger is $60, shipped.

Both for $100, shipped together.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Old Dutch
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2005
Location: 
Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 
2,220
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is a fair offer. The stock may also be hard to find, especially now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Christopher_2's Avatar
Christopher_2
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2008
Location: 
Minnesota
Posts: 
404
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am interested in the trigger if you still have it. Send me an email and we can arrange payment.

Chris


Quote:
Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
The stock comes with pad, trigger guard, Marlin Bullseye and QD swivels. The stock has been inletted, stained and sealed to fit a 981 with the Marlin 900 series trigger. Matching Phillips actions screws. The stock is like new, no blemishes.

The Rifle Basix trigger is labled MAR-917. The trigger is silver. Besides the 981, it fits Marlin 915, 917, 925, 980, 982 and 983 rifles. It comes with the original packaging and instructions. Midways current price for the trigger is $94.99.











I'm asking $50 for the stock and screws, shipped.

The Rifle Basix trigger is $60, shipped.

Both for $100, shipped together.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 PM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
An email has been sent to Christopher_2.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Colon Terminus's Avatar
Colon Terminus
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2011
Location: 
South Central Kentucky
Posts: 
92
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
I've decided to sell the Walnut stock and the Rifle Basix trigger off my 981T. I've had very little interest from carolinashootersforum.com. Is there any interest on this site for the stock and/or trigger?
If the stock will fit a 925 then I'd be interested in the package deal.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Christopher_2 has spoken for the trigger. I sent him my mailing address, but I've not heard back from him.

I don't know if the stock will fit a 925, but the trigger will. If Christopher _2 has changed his mind, then Colon Terminus is next in line.

Thanks for the interest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
munkybiz_9881's Avatar
munkybiz_9881
Law Enforcement Officer

Join Date: 
Mar 2009
Location: 
North Central Kansas
Posts: 
173
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll take the stock if its not spoken for already.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Rigor Tortoise

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Location: 
NE TN
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile Perfect!

That is exactly what I'm looking for!! I will gladly buy both from you if still available. I'm also interested in the stock if the trigger is already gone.

Thanks,
Ken
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor Tortoise View Post
That is exactly what I'm looking for!! I will gladly buy both from you if still available. I'm also interested in the stock if the trigger is already gone.

Thanks,
Ken
Hello Ken,

My apologizes, but both items have been sold. My hope is that another stock comes available to you soon.

Happy trails,
Larry
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Rigor Tortoise

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Location: 
NE TN
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Understood. Thanks for the quick reply.

Ken
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
JoeGun

Join Date: 
Jun 2010
Location: 
Dixie
Posts: 
672
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
Hello Ken,

My apologizes, but both items have been sold. My hope is that another stock comes available to you soon.

Happy trails,
Larry
Larry,

Understand that you've sold your Stock,, but was it a custom made or did it come fitted from the Factory?

If I get one of the New XT22TSR's I'll be wanting to get a Walnut stock for it,

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 AM
powwowell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
Eastern NC
Posts: 
608
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGun View Post
Larry,

Understand that you've sold your Stock,, but was it a custom made or did it come fitted from the Factory?

If I get one of the New XT22TSR's I'll be wanting to get a Walnut stock for it,

Joe
Hello Joe,

I ordered my stock from Numrich Gun Parts. The part number is 1137290. Originally made for a Marlin 781 or 783. A few minor mods and it fits the 981T. I don't know if Numrich has any more of these. A number of RFC members made this stock conversion. There is even a sticky with intructions and pictures, provided by Otis311, at the top of this forum. Good luck with your stock search.

Happy trails,
Larry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x