Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
bucknball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glenfield trigger job??

Have the new 2 me Glenfield 25 out of the stock. Has the pins instead of screws for doing the trigger spring job. Can I replace the pins with screws when doing the spring job? Or best to just put the pins back? Have some welding rods to file/turn down to drive the pins out. Any suggestions on screws instead of pins, any experience in this? Thanks, Bnb
Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did this too, thought about screws but the pins go in/out pretty easy so i just stuck with pins. I did write myself a note about which side to drive from b/c the pins are TAPERED. Can only drive out one way. On my G25 the trigger pin comes out/in from the RIGHT hand side of the gun.
See my post with pix of this, titled "Glnfld-25 Project Rifle", there is a section toward the end of that on the trigger assy. Cannot believe the diff it made in that trigger !
Bob

ps my 25 has 1 pin & 1 screw
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Dr_O

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey Guys!

I am trying to improve the trigger on my G25. It has no take-up and breaks clean but it pulls quite hard.

Mine is from '73-'74. It also has one screw and one pin. I have tried to knock out the pin with a 1/16th punch but it does not seem to want to go. I put a socket extension under the lug on a hard surface and have given it a couple of good whacks but it won't give.

I'm not real sure that it is a pin. The head (right side) appears to have cuts or pinch marks that run parallel to the shaft. The end of the shaft looks to have a slight bevel as if the beginning of threads. Both of these are difficult to be sure as it is very small and I don't see so well any more.

Did all of these guns have a drive pin or were other methods used to pin in the trigger?