52 D & E Database - Page 26 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Thumper696
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
52D

Hope someone can help me with a 52D I'm looking at for my first Winchester 52. The serial #109569D with U S electro penciled on receiver and serial # electro penciled on top of Bolt, heavy barrel, Flat muzzle (no crown) and Olympic front sight with Redfield rear sight plus hand stop. Rifle is in very good condition with minor scuffs on barrel and a few marks on stock. The local gun shop wants $1100 and I don't know if it is worth the price.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:00 PM
nrcby137

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the help. I will see if I can post pics of it here and read up on how to do so. Thanks for the reply and assistance
Old 07-20-2016, 02:58 PM
mazzman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi. I have an early (1962) 52D #107114. It has the bull barrel and what appears to be a modified International Prone stock. The trigger is one of the most crisp, extraordinary and delightful triggers I have ever used; it may be a Kenyon but I do not know how to determine this. The only trigger I have that is comparable is the Anschutz trigger in my Tubb 2000 rifle.

The barrel is crowned and is 0.875" at the muzzle, approx. 1.060" at the receiver.

The action is extraordinarily slick and fast. I used this rifle for practice when I was shooting High Power, as I found it to be extremely valuable in position shooting (despite the prone stock). I won many club competitions with this rifle, including the first recorded perfect score of 800/800 for a prone match at that particular club (South Bay Rod & Gun Club - San Diego (Dulzura)). Don't remember the x count, but it was substantial. :-)

This rifle is a tack driver but I am not shooting smallbore these days and have decided to sell it. I would like to be as accurate as possible in my description, so I am reaching out to this forum for assistance. For example, regarding the stock, it appears to be a custom or customized Prone or International Prone stock, but I am not very knowledgable about the variations.

It has the mounts for the included Redfield Palma rear and Redfield Olympic front sights as well as the scope mounting bases. I have used a Unertl 2" 20x Target and a Unertl 2" 15x Ultra Varmint on this rifle. I sold the 20x years ago and will be selling the 15x either with the rifle or separately; I haven't decided yet.

It also comes with the butt hook, palm rest, bipod rest and two metal front sight inserts, as well as a complete set of Champion's Choice acrylic front sight inserts.

As you can see, the rifle is in excellent shape, with a few small dings in the adjustable stock and lots of blue on the metal, and it remains a tack driver. I used this rifle to compete in smallbore as a training strategy to improve my overall shooting for High Power competition. This turned out to be a good plan, as I was able to achieve High Master and go Distinguished in High Power, as well as achieve Distinguished Expert in the NRA Smallbore program. I have no idea how many rounds are through this barrel, but I put at least 3500 through it. Plenty of rifling remains, as, in my experience, soft lead .22 LR does very little to erode a rifle barrel. As long as you clean it well to keep the lead down, they last for a very, very long time.

Any assistance in determining specifics for this rifle would be most appreciated, as well as an estimate of a fair market value if possible. Additional detail shots can be provided upon request.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM
strangms
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Data for my new to me 52D

110042D
US Marked, CMP rifle
Heavy target barrel
Muzzle in the white
Markman's stock, will post picture later to be sure on the stock.

strangms
Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Thanks for taking time to send your 52D info. Your stock is most likely a Marksman unless swapped out for a custom piece. Does it have a rear sling swivel?
Steve
Old 10-13-2016, 10:16 AM
strangms

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
It has a place for one, but it's missing.
Maybe taken off do it would fit in a rear rest better.
I took the one off my H&R M12 for that reason.

strangms

Last edited by strangms; 10-13-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:17 PM
strangms

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Here is a few quick pictures.
Putting my Lyman super target on it and will hit the range this weekend.

Looks like a "D" trigger, correct?

strangms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07955.jpg (37.2 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07961.jpg (31.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07958.jpg (23.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07960.jpg (29.0 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07967.jpg (40.0 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by strangms; 10-13-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:56 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Yes, later style D/E trigger and Marksman stock. Should be a shooter!
Steve
Old 10-26-2016, 07:25 PM
walkerdog4
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
52D US marked

Serial number 109464D- bolt matches US marked
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by walkerdog4; 10-27-2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 10-26-2016, 08:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Thank you!
Steve
Old 11-20-2016, 07:24 PM
MP2Day
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have:

E125092

It has what I believe is the Marksman stock and Heavy Target barrel (recessed crown)

This gun came to me recently and I'm honestly trying to learn more about it and then probably find it the proper home. Any help from folks here would be appreciated.

-Scott
Colorado

Last edited by MP2Day; 11-20-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:21 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2Day View Post
I have:

E125092

It has what I believe is the Marksman stock and Heavy Target barrel (recessed crown)

This gun came to me recently and I'm honestly trying to learn more about it and then probably find it the proper home. Any help from folks here would be appreciated.

-Scott
Colorado

The marksman stock is what is in the above picture. Seewin can tell you all you would like to know about Winchester 52s. When your ready to find it the proper home, let me know, I have 4 Ds, but only one E, its kinda lonely, so a stable mate would be nice.

George
Old 11-21-2016, 06:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Scott, thanks for the s/n. I would suggest you post some pictures of rifle. That stops a lot speculation and make's a more accurate description easier. I see you have posted on the WACA sight concerning rifle as well, and mention that is has some surface rust. That will definitely affect the value, and quite possibly push it from the collector class into a shooter class rifle. Still, a very desirable rifle.
Steve
Old 12-09-2016, 08:54 PM
JWA

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewin View Post
Scott, thanks for the s/n. I would suggest you post some pictures of rifle. That stops a lot speculation and make's a more accurate description easier. I see you have posted on the WACA sight concerning rifle as well, and mention that is has some surface rust. That will definitely affect the value, and quite possibly push it from the collector class into a shooter class rifle. Still, a very desirable rifle.
Steve
Steve,

I am the lucky new home for Scott's 52E #E125092. It should make a great shooter, despite a little surface rust. I am looking forward to getting it on the bench and back in action after a long hiatus in a closet.

It appears to be a standard late 52E with marksman stock (no tuners), heavy barrel with recessed crown and no sights (doesn't look like it ever had any). Nothing special but hey, it's a 52E so that's all that is required! In my world, "beauty is in the eye of the beholer" and I hope to "be holing" some targets.

Let me know if you want me to post pictures after it arrives.

Best Regards,

Old 12-09-2016, 08:59 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Steve,

I am the lucky new home for Scott's 52E #E125092. It should make a great shooter, despite a little surface rust. I am looking forward to getting it on the bench and back in action after a long hiatus in a closet.

It appears to be a standard late 52E with marksman stock (no tuners), heavy barrel with recessed crown and no sights (doesn't look like it ever had any). Nothing special but hey, it's a 52E so that's all that is required! In my world, "beauty is in the eye of the beholer" and I hope to "be holing" some targets.

Let me know if you want me to post pictures after it arrives.

Best Regards,

JWA, if you are inclined to post some pics, I for one would enjoy looking at them.....

Congratulations.