Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2003, 08:03 PM
varmastr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
bought a stainless single six, but...

Its missing the 22 magnum cylinder, the original owner is a 84 year old gentleman who, 'has trouble finding his own arse', as he puts it.
Does any persons have an extra one available, or am i just pretending?
its serial # starts with 62-xxxxxxx, ruger search indicates its from the early 70's.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:26 AM
JB in SC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Single Six in stainless was introduced in 1974, but I don't remember seeing any until 1975 (typical Ruger marketing).

Ruger will fit a magnum cylinder; I have no idea what the charge might be.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:52 PM
varmastr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hi jb and jeff

the serial # number locator has a disclaimer attached , siting that the gun was made in the series allotted to that particular batch. for example, its serial number may be 1200, produced begin may and august of '75, the next production (1201 to 1300) of that number sequence may be in 1980.
From the website data, one could conclude that it may have been built long before its availability.
thanx.
maybe i'll try the wanted section of this site. and or email ruger themselves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Wee Hooker
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
good news and bad news

I sent a single six back last year to have a new ( .22r) cyl fitted for the same reason. Cost was only $55 if memory serves. However, one of the side effects of sending a gun back to ruger is that they have a tendancy to "laywerize" the trigger. Mine went in with a sweet crisp trigger and came out like a heavy /mushy POS. Had to send it to my smith for a spring kit and honeing to get it nice again. ( $40). Seems they take it appon themselves to bring your trigger up to date during the visit. ( No Charge or choice) I have another single six in mag only that I'd like o send in but can't seem to bring myself to do it now.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:48 PM
varmastr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
wow, thanks jefferito, i think ill steer my ship clear of this and maybe consider my single six a 22lr and leave as is. The smoooth trigger on mine was perhaps the main selling feature, next to being stainless, rimfire and mint.
thanks again to you all.
going hunting black bear now. back in four days..see ya'll!!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:12 PM
varmastr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thats the beauty of hunting, bulls, bucks, boars or barrells. We quest, we seek, we harvest.
Thanks for the info.