Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
rodell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I'm in. I'd like to vote for the skeletonized version.

Bob
Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
alex_d

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i would take one to!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
update: making progress...

trigger blanks are "roughed out".

here are a couple "work-in-progress" pics...

til next time...
-rusty22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
adam38654

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Can you do finger groves?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
need clarification...

Quote:
what do you mean by finger goooves??? are you talking about a "concaved" trigger face (like the factory oem trigger)??? if not, please clarify.

-rusty22
Old 11-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Ouching

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am a total newb but I would really like to get one of those triggers for my Buckmark and even in red as it would match my new TS red fluted barrel. I have been playing paintball for many years now and had an idea for your triggers would it be possible to put a forward travel set screw in an extended upper area of the trigger. In high end paintball guns one can "take the slop out" of the forward as well as the rearward movment. It would make the trigger break much more predictable. Like I said I am a total newb so correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 PM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
you're talking about pre-travel...

Quote:
I have been playing paintball for many years now and had an idea for your triggers would it be possible to put a forward travel set screw in an extended upper area of the trigger. In high end paintball guns one can "take the slop out" of the forward as well as the rearward movment.
you're talking about pre-travel and i've already have "something in mind" that i will "tinker" with in the near future (kinda up to my elbows in aluminum chips at the moment).

fortunately for buckmark owner's, the pre-travel on a buckmark is not as "noticeable" compared to the pre-travel on other pistols.

as mentioned previously, all comments and suggestions are welcome, whether it be from a total "newb" or a resident buckmark "guru" (and anyone in between).

-rusty22
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
adam38654

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I mean multiple horizontal grooves on the trigger face for a more positive feel and friction. I like the flat trigger face.
http://www.justpistols.co.uk/superbh_005.jpg
Old 11-13-2008, 12:06 AM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
adds more machining time but can be done...

Quote:
I mean multiple horizontal grooves on the trigger face for a more positive feel and friction.
providing a more "tactile" surface for the trigger face can be achieved in numerous ways, some more labor intensive (ie. stippling, checkering, machining grooves) and some easier methods (texture/wrinkle powdercoat, adhesive backed "grip" tape).

but to answer your question, yes there are ways to machine grooves on to the trigger face.

-rusty22
Old 11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
just messin' around...

decided to take a much needed "break" from the "monotonous" task of machining trigger blanks.

as always, the urge to "tinker" has "re-surfaced".

went back and used some of the suggestions posted for "inspiration".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilpens View Post
Even at prototype stage, I am interested.
comments:
1. over-travel screw
3. drill holes to lighten and trim metal from back side so trigger does not look heavy.
4. add length to trigger face if possible (max tolerance) by moving top part closer to trigger pin hole and increasing length (let user trim a little to fit particular pistol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAinTX View Post
Looks like you about got it. The more streamlined triggers are looking awesome. Why not try skeletonizing one of them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodell View Post
I'm in. I'd like to vote for the skeletonized version.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
I mean multiple horizontal grooves on the trigger face for a more positive feel and friction. I like the flat trigger face.
http://www.justpistols.co.uk/superbh_005.jpg

-rusty22
Old 11-16-2008, 11:17 PM
adam38654

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The finger grooves look hawt. I like the pill shaped hollow one.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:45 AM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Great idea and awesome designs. I especially like the open “pill” version but think more meat on the section that holds the overtravel screw is important in order to properly support it (especially if you want to avoid feeling the screw “head” on the trigger face). For this reason, I suggest a smaller diameter screw hole on the version with the three vertical holes, and perhaps just the larger “pill” cutout on the very last version. I don’t know if it’ll save you any time or not, but fewer grooves on the face would probably still provide enough grip, although the wrinkle powder coat is perfect. Actually, the version with the wrinkle powder coat with a reinforced upper base, and a “pill” cutout or holes that leave enough meat for securing the screw would look perfect.

Cheers
Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
r b g
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
wow!

i like all of those!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM
mikep7m10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Better and better

This is getting to look better and better all the time.

How about moving the overtravel screw to the bottom below the cutout? Then the screw does not affect skeletonizing. And I can narrow the trigger some. I want to have a smooth face and a little thinner trigger. I have done this to my wide, grooved stock 'combat' triggers (HK P7) and much prefer it. Then I would sand the edges to give it the 'melt' treatment. I also like the added trigger reach of this new version. I'll finish it off with Aluminum Black.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 AM
adam38654

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Are you powder coating the glossy red ones and the textured black ones? Could you make the red matte? You might want to try competition orange.