Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:38 AM
FFournier
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My, new to me, Nordic/Kidd BR 10/22

Although this is my first post in a 10/22 forum I'm far from a newbie on RFC. I'm one of those CZ guys that camps out in the Other Rimfires section, I've just never really had anything to post about 10/22's, till now. The guy that runs the monthly rimfire BR match at Tomball Gun Club that I shoot brought out this little beauty after the match last weekend. He built it a year or so ago with Nordic components and Kidd action, trigger, and barrel. He planned to use it as a silhouette shooter but for some reason it didn't work out for him so he decided to sell it. As much as I love the look, looks alone ain't enough. He had a red dot on it but I needed to see more then a red dot would show me. The scope on my 452 full stock has picatinny rings so I took took it off my 452 and used it. Problem was, once mounted the rings weren't high enough to see through the scope. I had to cant about 30 degrees to the left to get a sight picture. I also didn't have a good way to support the stock, so needless to say it wasn't the best setup but it would have to do. Despite these problems it shot the groups you see below. I couldn't believe it. If it could do this under these conditions what would it do when done right. The action is unbelievably smooth, like glass. It wouldn't surprise me if it could cycle CCI quiets. And that Kidd two stage trigger is perfect. Mike, the owner, had never shot it for groups and once he saw what it did I could tell he was having second thoughts, so I quickly wrote out the check and handed it to him before he could change his mind. I haven't had a chance to get back to the range, but now with the scope properly mounted I have high hopes.

Last edited by FFournier; 11-05-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Very nice!

Welcome to the other side of the room.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:42 AM
LorenatBMS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent!! 👍
Sponsored Links