Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM
gginnc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Posting photos isn't transparent

I really need a tutorial on posting photos. Assume that I have the needed photos on a memory device (flashcard) and the software that came with my Olympus camera.

Please use plain English, no acronyms, shorthand , or other descriptors. This would be appreciated and maybe a few others would appreciate the insight too.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
theearlof

TPC Rating: 
100% (80)
Let's break this down.

The first thing you need to be able to do is load the pictures that are on your camera onto your PC as files. Normally these would be jpegs or .jpg files.

You can do that basically two ways. You may have (normally would be supplied with the camera) or will need to buy a cable that connects your camera to the computer. Follow the camera's instructions for loading the pictures to the computer using the camera and the cable.

The second method, which I prefer, is to buy a media card reader that matches the type of media your camera uses to store pictures onto. Normally this would be either Compact Flash (CF) or Secure Digital (SD). You can buy a reader for around $10 at most electronic stores or over the internet. Most readers will handle a number of different types of media cards.

If you have a media card reader, it normally installs in a USB port on your PC and the media card from the camera is inserted into the reader. Follow the readers installation instructions on how to download (save) pictures from the media card to the PC.

Once you have the pictures on the PC, I can provide further instructions.

Earl
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
gginnc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thank you. I do have a card readed and will load several photos onto the C drive today.