Scope needed for Classic - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Old Coastie
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope needed for Classic

Well, I took my classic to the range to try it out. I could only use the factory sights. I don't suppose you could call what I shot a group, but at least I hit the target.

I need a scope for this puppy. All I have on hand which will fit is a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32 and therein lies my problem. I would like a scope with medium power and an AO (40mm or less) which will fit using Burris Signature medium Zee rings. I also do not want to remove the rear sight. I have a couple of scopes which would work, except for length.

Any ideas out there?

Mike
Old 01-19-2003, 01:48 PM
retiredsquid
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to retiredsquid
Simmons 1022T 3-9X32AO. I have one on mine and it is sweet. I have mine mounted in a set of Weaver see-thru rings.
Rich
Old 01-19-2003, 09:35 PM
SteveG66

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Old Coastie

I have the same gun as you, Classic. I put this fall a Leupold 3x9x33 on it and it is more fun to shoot now that I can hit something. When I bought it, I had every intention of keeping it iron sights as I really don't have anything with iron sights. I had a hard time adjusting to the colors on the sights.

I used Burris Signature Zee rings, the ones with the plastic inserts. I swear by them. They are the medium height ones as I don't recall they make a low in that style.

Good Luck,
SteveG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Cossack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Leupold 4X Rimfire and Burris extra low rings
Old 02-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Monsoon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Weaver RV7 2.5-7 28mm Classic Rimfire
(you'll never leave the range)
Old 02-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Nobody
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Thumbs up

I have to agree with retiredsquid, the Simmons 1022T 3-9X32AO is probably your best bet, especially since you want the adjustable objective. They're around a hundred bucks, give or take a little, from Natchez or Midway. I lucked out and picked up a used one at "giveaway" price on one of the online auctions. It is in great shape, performs well, and just looks as if it was made for the Classic . I'm happy! Regards,
Old 02-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Old Coastie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replys everyone. They all sound like good choices. some, however, are out of my price range at this time. Everything considered (money), the 1022T is probably the best bet. The only thing that stills worries me is the length. It is 11.5" compared to 10.5 for the Burris on it now and I'm not sure there is 1" between the Bushnell and the rear sight.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas.

Mike
Old 02-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Airedale
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Coastie, go to SWFA and take a look at the Simmons Pro Hunter line, the are compact for their power, adjustable objectives and the price is right. I have several of them and I have one on my Classic, my experience with them so far has been positive.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Old Coastie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Airedale,

Which of the Pro Hunter scopes are you using on your Classic? With the exception of the 2-7x32 they all seem too long to me. What rings are you using? I want to use Burris Signature medium Zee rings to keep the scope close to the receiver.

Mike
Old 02-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Airedale
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Coastie. I have the 4x12 and used a Weaver base and medium rings, the scope is compact for it's power and it fit and looks good.