Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:13 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI Semi Auto Quiet.

Ordered a btick of this stuff to see if was better than the regular CCI Quiet. Ran it thru my firefly and it was much better.i he tried shorts and cb longs too, and none of them worked out well. This stuff does fine , no flyers no jams no FTC fee etc. itís not bug hole quality. But it gave new life to my diy ultra light ultra quiet gun. Now I just got to clean it up a bit , tune it up a bit, get that charging nob to stop unscrewing and I have light, Quiet accurate gun to roam the woods with. Then find some woods
Old 10-06-2019, 11:45 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm waiting for the hp segmented version.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 10-07-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Samuel_Hoggson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I might try a fragmenting HP 735 fps version when I run out of the 710s. Killing rats with the 40 gr Quiet frags at dairy farms w/night vision. Amazing how well they work. 30 yds is about it, tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Ruger1300

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dang! That sounds like fun!
Old 10-07-2019, 09:05 AM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Ordered a btick of this stuff to see if was better than the regular CCI Quiet. Ran it thru my firefly and it was much better.i he tried shorts and cb longs too, and none of them worked out well. This stuff does fine , no flyers no jams no FTC fee etc. itís not bug hole quality. But it gave new life to my diy ultra light ultra quiet gun. Now I just got to clean it up a bit , tune it up a bit, get that charging nob to stop unscrewing and I have light, Quiet accurate gun to roam the woods with. Then find some woods
I have the same problem with the charging handle unscrewing. Looking forward for your solution. Whatís the distance for accurate shooting ?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post
I have the same problem with the charging handle unscrewing. Looking forward for your solution. Whatís the distance for accurate shooting ?
50 yards. Zeroed 3x9 Cabellas Rimfire scope of a Caldwell Tackdriver bag, pretty windy all inside an inch.And then freehand every thing was on the 2 inch sticky . Vast improvement over other attempts. Itís a Ruger pretensioned barrel off a Ruger Target Lite. Never shot great, even with good ammo. But itís light! And so I took it out of the heavy laminate stock, go figure, and swapped it into the real light fiberglass / Kevlar stock that came with the heavy Shilen barreled brown precision custom team challenger, again go figure.

As for the bolt knob, Iím going to use a non permanent lock tite.

The old Quiet was abysmal, 4 and 5 inch flyers every group, never could get a good zero, the shorts were even worse, and filthy, the cb longs didnít cycle or shoot for beans. I was about ready to put a stronger spring in and run Sv till the bolt broke, or pull it apart and fill the parts bin.

I even have a Jwh muzzel break on it, itís threaded and this $10 item makes a better thread protector than the nut it came with.

If youíve tried to run the old quiet and weíre disappointed, this is worth a try imho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29987518-E5D3-4666-B3C5-6665E94233CD.jpg (503.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-07-2019, 01:08 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the return. Tried CCi quiet, ugh, tried CBee, just proved that Remington makes dirty ammo. The new CCi hasn’t made it north in any quantity yet.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Samuel_Hoggson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1300 View Post
Dang! That sounds like fun!
It is a hoot. Best reactive targets I've ever shot. Doubt there's a dairy farm anywhere in the world not inundated with them. Some try poison, but there's too much feed so no reason to eat the poison.

Have to be careful around the cows. Segs are nice b/c body shots usually result in no exiting frags. In the clear, we'll take head/neck shots for DRTs. We've been offered money but smile and say "nah, it's on us". While we're there they'll drag dead ones off to eat, or have at it right where we killed them. I've killed them right in the act of feeding on their buddies. There's always lots of "evidence" in the AM, and the farmers are happy to clean up, ask how soon we can come back. Last week we got 53 before quitting at midnight. 25 rd mags make sense. Had to order more Quiet segs.

Daytime we shoot pigeons with subsonic HPs. Shots are longer, more like 30-60 yds. Pigeons eat alot of feed, too.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:00 AM
alnico357
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The new Quiet Semi Auto is no louder than the older version to me. It's all too loud through a pistol. Remington CB Long 29 grain is very quiet in my 10-22. I just plink with them.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
In my suppressed rifles and pistols this stuff is prime, plenty accurate for vermin out to 35-40 yard on squirrel and further on larger stuff. Far better than the old stuff who knew a 100 fps more or less would make this big a difference.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Ruger1300

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm jealous!
Old 10-14-2019, 11:24 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I might some of them. My only experience was with the very early ones and nothing I owned would shoot them worth a hoot. 6 to 7 inch groups at 25 yards were pretty worthless to me.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I chronographed some of these as soon as I could acquire a brick. Results out of an 18" barrel were 892, 872, 853, 895, and 859 fps for an average of 874.2, a little faster than the advertised 835.

My accuracy with these was not bad, but not quite as good as CCI SV.

Toomany22s, just how light is that 10/22? Do you have a link(s) to some other info on it?