Cabela's Has Reinstated the 5% Military Discount on Guns and Ammo - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:48 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cabela's Has Reinstated the 5% Military Discount on Guns and Ammo

I just got an email from Cabala's this morning that announces that the 5% military discount on guns and ammo is back. I think many of us have stopped shopping there after they eliminated the discount, and several other annoying changes after the Bass Pro takeover, but I just thought I'd point out the change.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wonder if Bass Pro will do the same?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM
farm boy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got the same add this morning. Didn't read it close so can't say if it is 5% off on everything. A salesman at Bass Pro several months ago said they will match any Cabela's price, I wonder if that will include the 5% military discount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 02:11 PM
beer1234

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAATE. I want NOTHING from them. Have a gift card that will end up a gift to someone. More than likely one of my grandchildren.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:36 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
For me, Cabela's is just like Dick's...I don't shop there and never will again, no matter how much money they paid me to.

≡✪≡
Old 07-30-2019, 07:59 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Potential Double-Dip - Maybe . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
I just got an email from Cabala's this morning that announces that the 5% military discount on guns and ammo is back. I think many of us have stopped shopping there after they eliminated the discount and several other annoying changes after the Bass Pro takeover, but I just thought I'd point out the change.
I have not bought hardly anything from Cabelas since Bass Pro took over and Capitol One Mastercards were issued. They occasionally have been sending out a 10% off but I was having a problem finding anything worth the effort as they have raised their prices to Bass Pro levels which now make them one of the most expensive retailers around . . . even with a 10% discount.

There are some sale items and selected mfg set the selling price so one can get a "real" discounted price. As an example, I purchased a Vortex Crossfire scope whose price is set at 219 so I decided to pick one up as I think I will be getting another rimfire sometime in the near future. I not only got the 10% off but they also gave me the military discount of 5% so for that transaction it made sense. They actually double-dipped on the discount.

The Gun Library was running a 10% off on semi-auto handguns so the double-dip might work there as well.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:42 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Is this a veteran's discount, or only available to active duty military like so many stores were doing for a while- Home Depot, for instance...

Bob
Old 07-30-2019, 09:04 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got both Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's stores close to me.

I've bought three pistols from SW when their sale prices were the best on earth, e.g. my RIA 10mm 1911 was $500 two years ago. Haven't seen them that low anywhere since.

SW has always had the 5% Vet discount and it's automatic once you're in the system. Plus there is a 1% loyalty reward thing.
When I spent $400 for two sale pistols they couldn't give me the Vet discount on sale items but the manager gave me a $20 gift card to make up for it.

I love Sportsman's Warehouse. I sometimes check Cabelas ads or search for specific items and they've never had anything I needed for cheaper than elsewhere. Never been in the store.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
Is this a veteran's discount, or only available to active duty military like so many stores were doing for a while- Home Depot, for instance...

Bob
This reads like it is Active Duty only. https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cus...iscountProgram
Edit: OK, at the bottom, the first FAQ says veterans too.

Last edited by Randy99CL; 07-30-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 PM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post

Bob
Veterans' discount like the one they used to have before they stopped it.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:21 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It seems that they have had such poor results with their bass proization policies that they are trying to go back to the policies that made them money. The stores are frigging empty , no customers. I’m waiting till they go gander mountain,
Old 07-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tend to think several of these Big Box stores really need to upgrade their marketing departments....The very broad variety of ALL their stuff for sale really needs to NOT focus on one specific demographic....perhaps the Mil/Vet discount is a step that way

I also reject the notion that the soccer mom (or dad) is put off by a BB store that also sells to conservative old guys ( guns n ammo) .... my experience is they are much too self absorber to even realize there is that part of the store...a lot like meat eaters have no clue on what is in the Vegan Isel of a grocery store....grin