Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:30 AM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rossi bolt action 22 RB

Do any of you have any experience with this rifle?
Old 10-26-2019, 09:49 AM
gunwhatgun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had one for a few months now. I really like it. It has become my go to Squirrel/woods gun and has earned a lot of respect from my companions. It is what it is, a cheap synthetic stocked price point gun. with that said, it is a dead on shooter. I can tell you that so far, everything I have tried to interchange with it's Mossberg cousin has worked. The mags from my Plinkster work just fine, given that they are for a semi, and have a high follower which is a problem on the last round. The trigger groups are the same, the barrels attach the same and have the same dimensions. The stock is rigid and has a nice check weld with a comfortable grip. I paired mine with a Cabela's 3-9x40 rimfire scope, I mounted on some dovetail rings, gave it a cheap Allen sling and that was it. I have, what I consider to be, the best woods/ walking around/ loan a hunting companion/ beater/ truck rifle that you can get for a total investment of less than $260.00
Old 10-27-2019, 07:27 AM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunwhatgun View Post
I've had one for a few months now. I really like it. It has become my go to Squirrel/woods gun and has earned a lot of respect from my companions. It is what it is, a cheap synthetic stocked price point gun. with that said, it is a dead on shooter. I can tell you that so far, everything I have tried to interchange with it's Mossberg cousin has worked. The mags from my Plinkster work just fine, given that they are for a semi, and have a high follower which is a problem on the last round. The trigger groups are the same, the barrels attach the same and have the same dimensions. The stock is rigid and has a nice check weld with a comfortable grip. I paired mine with a Cabela's 3-9x40 rimfire scope, I mounted on some dovetail rings, gave it a cheap Allen sling and that was it. I have, what I consider to be, the best woods/ walking around/ loan a hunting companion/ beater/ truck rifle that you can get for a total investment of less than $260.00
Are you talking about the RB or the RS ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2019, 09:36 AM
gunwhatgun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RB22
Old 10-27-2019, 11:42 PM
Tom_in_MO
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
To clarify, the TGs on the RB22 and Mossberg 802 are the same, but very different from the RS22/Mossberg 702.

The RB22/802 triggers are very easy to work on, but AFAIK there is no aftermarket support for them, such as a lighter spring.

Mcarbo sells a 702 trigger spring that takes a pound off, and of course it also works on the RS22. I have an RS22, and had both an RB22 and a 702. I got about 15% smaller groups with the bolt gun vs the semiautos. They all share the same barrels out of the same Brazilian factory.

All of these guns really like CCI AR Tactical, BTW.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 10-27-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 PM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Shifty View Post
Do any of you have any experience with this rifle?
I've had my RB22 for 2 months. Like it! Have 300 rounds through it. Sweet light-weight KISS plinker. Like the fiber optic sight a lot but my mature eyeball can not focus on sight radius and a 3" target 75 feet away at the same time.

Pic is of a 3" target, 7x scope, bench, 25yrds, 10rnds of CCI/SV from a month ago which was the first day out with a new scope. Shot a 100rnds that day to zero and see what the RB22 could do. When the rifle did this group I just bagged it up and took it home with a smile knowing I had a keeper.

The rifle is not for sale
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060428.JPG (173.5 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 10-28-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:08 PM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I've had my RB22 for 2 months. Like it! Have 300 rounds through it. Sweet light-weight KISS plinker. Like the fiber optic sight a lot but my mature eyeball can not focus on sight radius and a 3" target 75 feet away at the same time.

Pic is of a 3" target, 7x scope, bench, 25yrds, 10rnds of CCI/SV from a month ago which was the first day out with a new scope. Shot a 100rnds that day to zero and see what the RB22 could do. When the rifle did this group I just bagged it up and took it home with a smile knowing I had a keeper.

The rifle is not for sale
Nothing wrong with that specially for a new rifle, looks like a great squirrel rifle,light ,handy and accurate.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:54 PM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Almost 700 rounds now through my new RB22. Happy with CCI-SV but tried some "quality" ammo for kicks. OMG am I impressed with my inexpensive Rossi Bolt. 10 shots at 25yrds, bench, new Nikon 3-9x40 AO EFR scope using GECO Rifle Bolt ammo.

Gun is still not for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060485.JPG (178.0 KB, 23 views)