Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 PM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gold colored VQ bolts for Mark IV 22/45

Ruger released a new color scheme for the 22/45 where the pistol and frame is black, but the barrel and trigger are gold.

https://www.ruger.com/products/markI...ets/43927.html

I think this is screaming for a gold VQ bolt, but I can't find them anymore?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Search endlessly, I don't think they make them anymore. I bought a Rose Gold a year ago, but the only place I could find it was Rimfire Sports & Custom and they are sold out now.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:50 PM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, I searched high and low and even contacted them. No more gold bolts.

Considering that, I guess it's glossly black vs silver bolt for the new ruger as I like the VQ 'knob' on the back for cocking. Black matches the pistol body. Silver is shiny like the new gold barrel/trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The black is extremely glossy. I've got one of those. Cousin has a silver, and it looks really good as well.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:13 PM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, given the choice, I think glossy black would be the safe bet for the new ruger. But silver may look cool to. Since it's a hard decision it basically means win win.

That black VQ upper with bolt you have there is awesome.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:53 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks, I try to keep pics handy for folks to be able to use as reference when they are contemplating something. Swear I've worn out Yahoo Image search over the years trying to get an idea of what I'm debating might look like. That Matte Brown Pac-Lite was nearly a sheer guess, as it was a hard color to find a picture of. Never could really get an idea of the Rose Gold, or how well it would work, but its basically the color of a new penny when it comes down to it. I still like the black VQ bolt the best though I think.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
The black is extremely glossy. I've got one of those. Cousin has a silver, and it looks really good as well.

I'd call that one the cottonmouth.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:42 PM
Florida Guy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If I had to choose, I'd go with black.
You may have to click on pic to view it correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (158.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-19-2019, 06:40 AM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I already ordered the DLC black from Optics Planet due to some good discounts. It'll get here hopefully before 2020.

I'm guessing gold wasn't a huge seller so they discontinued it. I also was hoping for their silver/stainless upper, but it's now all black.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If OP showed "In Stock" when you ordered, you will probably get it in a week. If not, flip a coin. I've had great luck with them for many years, but I've also for the most part stuck with ordering only when they showed in stock. If its a backordered piece, Rimfire Sports & Custom would be my next stop. $240, free shipping, and in stock. I ordered a backorderd VQ barrel for my cousin once from OP and got it a little over a month later. Ordered an AR charging handle for my Brother in Law once also, and cancelled the order 3 months later and bought it elsewhere. His gun gets shot like twice a year, so it wasn't a big deal.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:27 PM
th26

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good evening, my name is Thomas. I'm new to the site, I noticed you were talking about the gold plated Volquartsen bolt. They have discontinued this specific bolt. I have a Volquartsen scorpion pistol with a 6" barrel with the muzzle and a gold bolt that I'm selling. I live in Seattle and I have a friend that's a member on here to verify I'm real. If anyone is interested please message me. I'll post it for sale in the classifieds, thanks Thomas ....