Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:54 AM
C_Koseri

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Will VQ release a mk iv style frame?

Been window shopping for a .22 suppressor host and after doing the math on upgrading a ruger it’s very tempting to just get a bare bones scorpion. Won’t need sights or a comp since it’ll have a red dot and a can.

Hesitant to buy now though seeing as how they already offer a mk iv style upper and would hate to buy a complete scorpion and then have them release a new style frame soon after.

Won’t have the suppressor in hand until the fall so I guess I can wait.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:57 PM
27 Beck
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Koseri View Post
Been window shopping for a .22 suppressor host and after doing the math on upgrading a ruger itís very tempting to just get a bare bones scorpion. Wonít need sights or a comp since itíll have a red dot and a can.

Hesitant to buy now though seeing as how they already offer a mk iv style upper and would hate to buy a complete scorpion and then have them release a new style frame soon after.

Wonít have the suppressor in hand until the fall so I guess I can wait.
Could buy a MK IV lower and a Scorpion IV upper and maybe VC will have a compatible lower. VC may be concerned with Ruger patents on the MK IV lower.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've read (somewhere) that there were some Pattent issues limiting aftermarket
parts and upper development for the MK IV. That said I do believe that the folks at Volquartsen will eventually get the green light.

Just buy a threaded MK IV now and you can always upgrade the upper/lower down the line should you feel the need.

FWIW, My 6" Scorpion (with sights and comp) weighs in at around 35 oz. My threaded 5.5" Threaded Target model (40163) is less than an ounce heavier heavier at 35.6 oz. The 22/45 Tactical or Lite models are even lighter but still threaded.

Personally, I have no issues with the Ruger MK IV Frames (as long as the triggers are upgraded.) You can usually find them for sale on gun broker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 11:20 PM
C_Koseri

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ended up just getting this from VQ's clearance section. It's pretty sweet but still needs a few upgrades.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:29 PM
C6Vern
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice looking pistol. It only needs grips and maybe later a Competition bolt.

I expect new VQ product news will come out at the end of January at the Shot Show.

They hint at new things to come on today's VQ Facebook post.

It would make sense for them to expand and embrace the Mk IV with new product.

I personally want some VQ left hand grip choices for the Mk IV either laminated or Volthane.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The black Ruger MKIV frame is lighter than a Scorpion frame with the mainspring in it. I was able to buy the cheapest standard Ruger MKIV and a trigger kit for not much more than a VQ frame would have cost (at the time, I have no idea if one were to do that currently). My MKIV and my LLV4 arrived the same day.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:47 PM
C_Koseri

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I'm going to add the hogue rubber grips and striplin customs thumb rest.

VQ firing pin and extractor but the whole bolt is too much $

Also needs a good reflex style red dot.

Are there any good holsters for these LLV-4 type guns or will I just have to make due with a nylon soft holster?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:47 PM
C_Koseri

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I'm going to add the hogue rubber grips and striplin customs thumb rest.

VQ firing pin and extractor but the whole bolt is too much $

Also needs a good reflex style red dot.

Are there any good holsters for these LLV-4 type guns or will I just have to make due with a nylon soft holster?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:56 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
For the red dot, my top tier is still the C-more RTS2. Though you've got a ton of options at several price points. At the more expensive end are the Vortex Razor (highly recommended), Leupold Deltapoint Pro (had one that sucked 2.5MOA, one thats good 7.5MOA triangle), C-More RTS2 - my favorite), and the Sig Romeo1 (pretty nice as well). Drop down a little to the Ultradot L/T (similar to the C-more but a 4MOA dot). Drop another bit of $$$ to the Vortex Viper (like) and Venom (most like, but I know 2 people that had issues with 3 of them, so not my bag), and the Burris Fastfire III (great, but a smaller window than the others). Some can be found for a decent price on both Ebay and on Wirthwein gun's. I got my Fastfire for quite a bit less from Ecop or someone like that off Ebay. Like $178 vs. $230 at some of the bigger retailers. And of course, there is always the C-more Railway, though I'm turned off of it for handguns due to how high it sits.

The Striplin Thumb rest is worth getting. The VQ bolt as well, but still, its a pretty ridiculous price if your stock bolt works fine. Just get a TK Halo racker instead if you don't have bolt issues. The VQ firing pin and extractor - worth it. Can't help on a holster.

RTS2

Vortex Viper

Sig Romeo1 on the Buckmark

Fastfire III