Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Kwend54

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin 80g scope base recommendation

I have the first rifle my Dad ever gave me back in 1962. It’s a Marlin 22 rim 80g. I know it’s not a high value rifle, but it means a lot to me. Now it’s time to give it to a young Grandson so he can get started down the gun road. I want to put a plinker scope on it for him, but never have messed with slotted parallel dovetails that are cut into the top of the receiver on this model. I don’t want to alter it and there are no other usable threaded holes. Can someone recommend a scope base that would fit and be secure? Thanks Kenny
Old 10-20-2018, 11:17 AM
mals9
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have Weaver scope bases on my 80G. They are very secure and have performed flawlessly. The 80 is a fantastic rifle, your father made a good choice.

Mals
Old 10-20-2018, 02:22 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
First, you have a fine rifle there. The clamping area for scope bases are rather small on the 80 and other older .22 rifles as well. BKL makes a set of extended integrated ring and base that works nicely. Here is a pic of them:

They can be fit in either direction, depending on scope length and eye relief requirements. The hard part can be finding them available for sale. I bought mine through Havlin's, a vintage Mossberg parts website. Vic Havlin was with Mossberg for many years and is a good guy to buy from, the prices are very fair.

http://havlinsales.com/
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Kwend54

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks so much, that looks like just what I need! I will contact them tomorrow! Kenny