Great Hat Creek match again. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Great Hat Creek match again.

Big thank you to Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol club for hosting another great pair of matches again. We shot a 40rnd rimfire lever action match in the morning and a 40rnd long range rimfire silhouette match in the afternoon, who would have thought how hard it is to hit them using crossed sticks. Both matches were well attended, 4 relays in the morning, and big fun. It is close to four hours drive one way for me, and worth it , so that tells how great their matches are.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
That sounds like fun. Would you have driven four hours for a "conventional" smallbore silhouette match? We shoot smallbore rifle and pistol silhouette matches every month and attendance is dropping. I've been wondering if we need to offer something different.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPuncher View Post
That sounds like fun. Would you have driven four hours for a "conventional" smallbore silhouette match? We shoot smallbore rifle and pistol silhouette matches every month and attendance is dropping. I've been wondering if we need to offer something different.
I am reluctant to go that far for a 40 rnd match, like to have two matches to shoot, or a 60rnd match. I don't know if I am normal though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 03:56 PM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
We usually shoot two 40-round rifle matches and then shoot two 40-round pistol matches but you're not going to drive this far. I can't decide if it's too tough for everybody or too boring but I'm leaning toward too tough.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPuncher View Post
We usually shoot two 40-round rifle matches and then shoot two 40-round pistol matches but you're not going to drive this far. I can't decide if it's too tough for everybody or too boring but I'm leaning toward too tough.
Yes, today people want instant gratification, and they don't want to have proof that they can't shoot as well as they told the neighbors they could. Don't know what the answer is, but Hat Creek has got it going on right now.