Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Rukh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Warranty service time?

I sent my M&P 22c back on about Feb 8 for the slide locking back when the mag wasn't empty (not user error). They acknowledged receipt Feb 16. No contact since. I'm just trying to get a sense if this is normal turn around time for them.

What has your experience been?
Old 03-17-2018, 11:35 AM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
First, let me say that over the years I've sent guns back to most manufacturers at one time or another. My experience has been that most were a matter of weeks or less than two months. Browning has been much longer, but at least the work was done correctly. I don't think at this point you're longer than average for S&W. I know how it feels to want your gun back as soon as possible, but it just doesn't turn out that way. Give them another couple of weeks and then call them. I have found them to be pretty courteous on the phone when you call them. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Jeepergeo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W got my 686 back to me about two weeks from the date sent....I was impressed.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Rukh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm in no rush, but wanted to make sure it wasn't lost or something. Got notice this am that it is coming back.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:08 AM
frogwalking
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W sent my 1911 back (in great shape) in about a month. CZ varies from 1 to 4 weeks, and sends a short progress report every week. I would certainly contact S&W warranty dept. to find out what is going on. Something is amiss.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 PM
copfish
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Sent off my 63-5 today to have the forcing cone cut. Hopefully, they will get it back to me pretty quick. Got it back Monday 10/22), they added a forcing cone. Shoots better.

Last edited by copfish; 10-27-2018 at 08:38 AM.