Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:10 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Volquartsen Firefly Bolt on Clearance

if you've ever wanted to try a Firefly Bolt, this may be your last chance to get a new one from Volquartsen

on clearance for $125.40
https://volquartsen.com/inventory_co...83?clearance=1

clearance sale is over

Last edited by crackedcornish; 11-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are they being discontinued? The link goes to a clearance item. In any case I snagged one. Thanks for the heads up. I think itís going into my Targer Lite. Now I have to go buy a suppressor. Should get it by next summer. At that point I will have a totally useless 1022. Should be interesting!

Are these bolts really limited to 1000 fps ammo , or is it possible to shoot CCI Sv at 1070 with them?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:43 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
usually when Volquartsen puts something in the Clearance section, it is being discontinued...like they did with the Muzzle Weighted barrels awhile back

the Firefly bolt is made from aluminum, and was originally designed for their 22 short kit, then later designated for low velocity LR rounds such as the CCI Quiet's...I'm sticking 1000fps or less

mine will be put into one of my Compact builds, and will become a designated pest killer around the farm....exclusively using Quiets as fodder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks again for the heads up. Thatís exactly what Iím going to turn the target light into, a yard gun, that wonít wake up the neighbors.

On the other end ,Do you think the 22 Long CCI cbs will run with this bolt? And since it was set up for shorts , originally , will it still run them? If so is there a 1000 fps limit on those too?
Old 11-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Tom_in_MO
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Kidd guide rod & spring kit, $10. I read earlier today that one member cut 7 coils off the lighter Kidd spring and it worked fine with the Quiets. Post #8 here. Should be fine with any subsonic round as well.

I'd experiment with cutting coils off, first by firing with the light Kidd spring uncut, then cut maybe two coils at a time a couple of times, then go to one coil at a time to really fine-tune it. Checking all the time with Quiets, or whatever very low velocity ammo I planned to run, but also making sure first that each mod works with CCI SV.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 11-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:30 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quiets run like 700fps same as a cb long but I know the Quiets will feed through the magazine without having to use any type of adapter or magazine mods, so that's what I'm going to use

I would think anything traveling 700-1000fps with a 38gr or heavier bullet will run fine whether it be cb, short, long, or long rifle...just the long rifle cased stuff will feed through the stock magazines
Old 11-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Dr Heckel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Thanks for the link! Ive been considering buying one of these for a while now and was hoping to find a good used one for less $$. Price was right so....I picked one up.

I'm looking forward to giving this a try
Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Heckel View Post
Thanks for the link! Ive been considering buying one of these for a while now and was hoping to find a good used one for less $$. Price was right so....I picked one up.

I'm looking forward to giving this a try
I've been thinking about getting one since they were part of the short kit, but could never justify the price...figured it was a case of get one now, or never, since they are being discontinued....which means Volquartsen are either bringing out a new version, or they just don't sell enough of them to bother making them anymore

are you planning a dedicated Firefly build, or just going to swap bolts when the need arises?
Old 11-04-2018, 06:59 AM
coloradokid

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Got one for my charger build, from rfc member ladykiller, it works flawless with Remington CBees and cci quiets. NO muss, fuss or headaches. And at 30 yards quarter sized groups. Can get several squirrels at a time now. Little beggars should have stayed out of the orchard. Hope i can pick up another before gone.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 AM
ts12

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the link. Snagged one myself, for some reason. No such thing as too many toys right? ��
Old 11-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Dr Heckel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
I've been thinking about getting one since they were part of the short kit, but could never justify the price...figured it was a case of get one now, or never, since they are being discontinued....which means Volquartsen are either bringing out a new version, or they just don't sell enough of them to bother making them anymore

are you planning a dedicated Firefly build, or just going to swap bolts when the need arises?
I'm not sure what VQs plans are for the FireFly but I was thinking this batch of discounted bolts were possibly returned items due to the fact that VQ stated they would show signs of use and blemishes. Either way, the price was good and I don't want to miss out on getting one!

I'm likely going to just swap out the bolt when needed. It would be great to have a build dedicated to just CCI Quiets but Ive decided there will be no more 10/22s added to my collection...I have too many as it is and a TON of other firearms I've been drooling over.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:47 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokid View Post
Got one for my charger build, from rfc member ladykiller, it works flawless with Remington CBees and cci quiets. NO muss, fuss or headaches. And at 30 yards quarter sized groups. Can get several squirrels at a time now. Little beggars should have stayed out of the orchard. Hope i can pick up another before gone.
better hurry, site says there's only 2 left
Old 11-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Canucky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
better hurry, site says there's only 2 left
Placed order will see if they have any left. Hoping this bolt will run Super Colibri.
States now 1 left. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Last edited by Canucky; 11-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Canucky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokid View Post
Bought one for the same reason. Ninja quite in urban setting.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Tyog1976

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Why would someone want one of these over a bolt that can handle any round?