Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Like Left on Red onto a one way street running Right to Left. I've been pulled over for that but it is completely legal if theres no sign
Like the one that states you "must give a clearly audible signal" before passing another car on a reg'lar road. And said other car "must" slow down until you are past.

Waiting for a slow Statie to be around when the road is clear...

Old 10-06-2017, 08:24 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Like the one that states you "must give a clearly audible signal" before passing another car on a reg'lar road. And said other car "must" slow down until you are past.

Waiting for a slow Statie to be around when the road is clear...
Yeahhh like that courtesy is alive. I've been on the road for work the last 30+ years. Most drivers are rude, clueless, distracted, aggressive, cut you off, block you, tail gate, ect, ect..... Just saw a finding on one of the morning shows that all the new vehicles with the touch screens are contributing to crashes more than cell phones. Give me manual controls any day. Especially in bad weather or dark. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 PM
thumbs
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
WHAAAAT!? How the H--- does that work? They put out a book of regulations and you can still be in violation for things not in there?? NY isn't that bad. Sounds like BS to me.
No BS check it out. The book states the rules and regs in the book are not the last word. Your right makes no sense never the less..... Anyway its probably there to Cover their a.... but I guess it leave quite a bit to the game warden. The big thing is not only is it not the last work but they don't even give you the book when you buy the license. The paper back trash paper cost 6 bucks. Oh well not the first thing the gov has done that is stupid and won't be the last. Now they do give you a folding paper with some of the info in it like seasons and shooting hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2017, 08:35 PM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cottrell View Post
R I states "22 rimfire" . So the mag is ok. Nothing about the capacity I ever heard of. Lots of guys with tubes full that I have seen over the years.
Ok thanks. Just another example of someone working in a gun shop that has no idea. Thats why I can here to ask. Needed a RI resident to give me the real story. thanks
Old 10-06-2017, 08:45 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
No BS check it out. The book states the rules and regs in the book are not the last word. Your right makes no sense never the less..... Anyway its probably there to Cover their a.... but I guess it leave quite a bit to the game warden. The big thing is not only is it not the last work but they don't even give you the book when you buy the license. The paper back trash paper cost 6 bucks. Oh well not the first thing the gov has done that is stupid and won't be the last. Now they do give you a folding paper with some of the info in it like seasons and shooting hours.
Geez I don't get that. I've always heard PA was real simple and easy on hunting and gun ownership. I did know that semi autos couldn't be used for big game hunting but that may have changed. What a Catch 22. You think your right by the book and your wrong.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:52 PM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Geez I don't get that. I've always heard PA was real simple and easy on hunting and gun ownership. I did know that semi autos couldn't be used for big game hunting but that may have changed. What a Catch 22. You think your right by the book and your wrong.
No don't get me wrong. Pa. is a great state for gun owners. Truthfully I think it's an oversight buy some bureaucrat. This is the first year they did it this way. I just thought it funny the way it was done and worded. I really believe there is nothing to worry about just funny it was done that way.
This is the first year for semi auto .22's for small game and for air guns. Still no semi auto for centerfire. So we are progressing in the right direction. Don't read to much into the wording in the hunting rules and regs. I really don't think it means what it says. Like you say Pa. is real simple and easy on hunting and gun ownership. Probably one of the best. Not the best but one of the best.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:00 PM
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
If the printed regulations are wrong...

If the printed regulations are wrong, and if you follow them and then get arrested, please enter a not guilty plea and demand a jury trial. It is my considered opinion that the jury reading the regulations you followed will do the right thing and come in with a not guilty verdict. It is called jury nullification.

I also think that you have a civil claim against the state for negligence in printing the regulations. Just saying they may not be accurate in my humble opinion does not absolve them of the duty to exercise care. They are under no obligation to print regulations, but once they decide to do so, need to be accurate.

Lastly, my guess is that if you are arrested and reach court, the assistant district attorney assigned to the case, seeing you relied to your detriment, on the state's printed regulations, will ask the court to dismiss the case without a finding.

I am not licensed to practice law in Rhode Island, but am a lawyer and feel comfortable with this advice. That is not to say that it is guaranteed. And please be super polite at all times. Don't make them hate you and make them want to hurt you. Common sense folks.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 PM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really thing it's a non issue. I only brought it up because I found it really strange. Most of the laws here are common sense. I can't recite them all but I believe we practice them anyway. Like you believe unless it was a clear violation it wouldn't get very far at all. It was just the way it was stated that was funny. I know I'm not worried about it and it will probably be changed in the next printing. Most of the time they do a pretty good job explaining the do's and don'ts. They get into enough detail that really leaves little to the imagination. Yeah if you follow the book and then are cited for a violation it won't get far.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:52 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey for got to say CONGRATULATIONS on the grand child!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 PM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Hey for got to say CONGRATULATIONS on the grand child!!!
Hey thanks. We are pretty excited. That was the reason for the original question. We will be up there awaiting the arrival. Heck may as well do some huntin. LOL
thanks again
Old 10-07-2017, 08:00 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
Hey thanks. We are pretty excited. That was the reason for the original question. We will be up there awaiting the arrival. Heck may as well do some huntin. LOL
thanks again
We're heading to Oregon to meet our newest later this month (he is No.7). Busy time of year for grandkids, obviously.

Congrats!!